Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ajc.com/gallery/business/state-farm-campus/gCKr4/?nmredir=true#5246715

State Farm's first big bold office tower in the planned Park Center campus will include obvious MARTA connectivity at the Duwoody station. The massive mixed-use complex will eventually be comprised of 2.2 million square feet of office space (and 3,000 jobs), retail and a 200-room hotel, all spread across 17 acres near Perimeter Mall. So either MARTA will see a bump in fare revenue, or horrendous traffic will get exponentially worse.

http://dunwoodynorth.blogspot.com/2014/05/state-farm-and-kdc-groundbreaking.html

KDC today held a groundbreaking ceremony at Park Center, its new 17-acre master-planned project in the Perimeter Center area of Dunwoody, Georgia. State Farm will lease 585,000 square feet in the development’s first office building.

“We are honored that State Farm entrusted KDC to develop another office campus for its highly valued work force,” said Steve Van Amburgh, chief executive officer, KDC. “We plan to create an environment that offers employees direct access to residential, shopping and dining, in a pedestrian-friendly environment.” Renderings of the building design can be viewed here. The first office building at Park Center, to be leased by State Farm, consists of a 13-story building situated on a seven-level parking structure with ground floor retail space. The Class A building is located on a nearly 4-acre site at Hammond Drive and Perimeter Center Parkway, adjacent to the Dunwoody MARTA station.

·
12,476 Posts
Hardly stunning architecture but it's not poor, either. The Perimeter area has a shot at some quality new-age urban form, especially if they ever follow through with the oft-whispered "people mover."

·
Registered
667 Posts
I need to get up there sometime soon. I haven't been to the perimeter area in probably 2 years now(and I was only at the mall for a moment). I heard it's a lot more urban than when I used to go up there a lot in my early college years(5 or so years ago). I don't really pay attention to the development in that area though.

·
12,476 Posts
^^ That first pic is nice and shows how the exterior vertical runners add some grace and lift to the form. I'm not sure about the one extruded overhang but on the whole it's a simple and appealing image.

The lower picture, however, carries a different tone for me. The vertical elements lose their weight from this perspective, leaving it a bit more bland and also detracts from the value of the crown. Not ugly, but nothing special.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts