Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
23,246 Posts
I have heard a few blurbs about ICC expansion, but just that, blurbs. There has been no specific coverage of this. Are there any tenders that have been created? It is definitely needed. Does it fall as part of the hotel tender which went out again this year?

·
23,246 Posts
It's not clear yet. The image that I posted with the above article (which is currently not showing. Urgh!), shows more than just a hotel / one building in the ICC precinct.

I am supposing that we will hear more when details of the Centrum Site development is released.

Here's a smaller version of the Centrum site master plan, which shows a bunch of development on/around the ICC site...

Source: http://www.globalafricanetwork.com/...um-government-precinct-mixed-use-development/
We have been hearing of the centrum development for 30 years. The library was supposed to be completed 3 years ago and they have not even appointed an architect. So sadly the full centrum area will likely stay as it is for another 10 years.

The ICC has released a tender for a new hotel. That's all that's been out to developers in the past year, an existing though would be welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts