SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New RM1.16bil expressway project to start next month

KUALA LUMPUR: After being familiar with such names as NKVE, SPRINT and MRR2, motorists in the Klang Valley will have another expressway.

The planned Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway, DUKE in short, will be the “missing link” in the traffic dispersal masterplan of this metropolis of 4.5 million people, who make an estimated 2.1 million vehicle trips daily.

The concession of the 18km expressway, estimated to cost RM1.16bil, has been awarded to Konsortium Lebuhraya Utara Timur (KL) Sdn Bhd (Kesturi) and is due to begin next month.

It is scheduled to be completed in three years, project director Chua Soo Kok said here yesterday.

Chua added that the expressway would begin from the NKVE in Jalan Duta and end at the MRR2 in Jalan Ulu Kelang,

Along the way it will cross Jalan Segambut, Jalan Kuching, Jalan Ipoh, Jalan Sentul, Jalan Pahang, Jalan Air Jerneh (Setapak), Jalan Semarak and Jalan Setiawangsa.

Kesturi signed the 34-year concession with the Government in August last year. It is a joint venture between Wira Kristal Sdn Bhd and Malaysian Resources Corporation Bhd (MRCB).

The expressway, with seven elevated interchanges, will have three toll plazas but the good news for motorists is that 46% of the route will be toll-free.

Some 30% of DUKE will be elevated expressway built on 20% private land and the rest government land.

Chua said the project is like killing two birds with one stone.

“Besides filling the 'missing link' that is a vital east-west route for the northern Kuala Lumpur region to allow traffic to bypass the city centre, it will resettle some 1,000 squatter families along the way.”

He said the relocation of the squatters was due to start this month and go on until June and Kesturi would pay compensation to them for moving into three-room Kuala Kumpur City Hall flats all over the city. – Bernama

·
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter
10,128 Posts
nice name!! DUKE :D:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
ulu kelang is near ZOO le.. i live near there..WangsaMaju is also quite near there

how the highway gets there beats me...
unless they punch tru a hole in Seri Maya & gets to ZOO negara...hahaaa

·
you are you and i am me..
10,154 Posts
Nope..it will not cross Seri Maya..;)

Part of the highway will cut cross Desa Tun Hussien Onn n Taman Setiawangsa. Both of the side already been cleared for the construction of the highway somewhere last year...

For anyone who happen to have a map of KL, like the one Sze has, then there is a rendering of the proposed DUKE highway...

So good, I think they might have another intersection nearby Jalan Jelatak...:D

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From Lembaga Lebuhraya website..

Projek Lebuhraya Duta - Ulu Kelang (DUKE)

Panjang :18 km
Syarikat Konsesi :Konsortium Lebuhraya Utara -Timur (KL) Sdn. Bhd (KESTURI)

Latarbelakang

Lebuhraya Duta - Ulu Kelang ini adalah sejauh 18 km dengan had kelajuan 90 km/j. Ianya adalah kombinasi empat dan tiga lorong dua hala. Jajaran ini bermula di Persimpangan Bertingkat Duta iaitu sebaik sahaja selepas tol Plaza Jalan Duta (NKVE) dan menuju kesebelah timur dengan melalui beberapa jalan utama seperti Jalan Segambut, Jalan Kuching, Jalan Ipoh, Jalan Sentul, Jalan Pahan, Jalan Setiawangsa dan tamat di Persimpangan Bertingkat Hill View di Jalan Ulu Kelang.

Lebuhraya ini juga menghubungkan dengan Lebuhraya KL - Karak, bermula di Persimpangan Bertingkat Sentul Pasar dan menuju ke sebelah utara dengan melalui Jalan Kg. Bandar Dalam dan tamat di Persimpangan Bertingkat Greenwood yang sediada di Jalan Batu Caves.

Bagi memudahkan Penyeliaan khususnya semasa pembinaan lebuhraya ini dibahagikan kepada 2 bahagian:-

1)Jajaran utama bermula dari Persimpangan Bertingkat Duta di Lebuhraya Baru Lembah Kelang ( selepas plaza tol Jalan Duta arah ke Kuala Lumpur) hinga ke Persimpangan Bertingkat Hill View - jaraknya ialah 12.4 km.

2)Hubungan ke KL - Karak dari Persimpangan Bertingkat Sentul Pasar hingga ke Persimpangan Bertingkat Greenwood - jaraknya ialah 5.6 km.

Terdapat 7 Persimpangan Bertingkat yang akan dibina iaitu:-

Persimpangan Bertingkat Duta
Persimpangan Bertingkat Kuching
Persimpangan Bertingkat Sentul Pasar
Persimpangan Bertingkat Setiawangsa
Persimpangan Bertingkat Hill View
Persimpangan Bertingkat Bandar Dalam
Persimpangan Bertingkat Greenwood

Lebuhraya ini akan menggunakan sistem tol terbuka dengan kombinasi 30% elektronik dan 70% manual. Lokasi plaza tol yang telah di persetujuai adalah seperti berikut:-

3 lokasi plaza tol dijajaran utama

Plaza Tol Batu
Plaza Tol Ayer Panas
Plaza Tol Sentul Pasar

Jalan susur

Jalan susur Segambut - 2 lorong dari Jalan Segambut menghala MRR2
Jalan susur Sentul - 2 lorong dari arah selatan Jalan Sentul ke KLNEE
Jalan susur Semarak - separa berlian dengan lampu isyarat
Jalan susur Bulatan Jalan 37/56 - jalan keluar masuk.

·
10,154 Posts
Any picture of this so called 'half diamond' thingy. Sorry. Me a bit blur on this :eek:hno:

·
10,128 Posts
maybe it is imbuhan "ber" + "lian". so this changes the question to - what is lian?? he he.....

·
10,154 Posts
TYW said:
maybe it is imbuhan "ber" + "lian". so this changes the question to - what is lian?? he he.....
That is not relevant at all... :bash:

·
10,128 Posts
szehoong said:
I think he's a bit confused :D
i become more confused after reading both of yr posts :D

·
10,154 Posts
the one alongside Jalan Jelatek is undergoing serious development...picture will be post later

·
Registered
1 Posts
For schematic diagram of location and interchange:
http://www.mrcb.com.my/english/images/coreactivities/klnee01.jpg

For rough map of DUKE:
http://www.mrcb.com.my/english/images/coreactivities/klnee02.jpg
A lot of misplaced labels (i.e. Bandar Dalam, Karak, Greenwood area marked as "Wangsa Maju", Jalan Jelatek towards Taman Sri Rampai marked as "Jalan Setiawangsa 8") but it should give you a rough idea. :)

Both taken from MRCB website at http://www.mrcb.com.my/english/coreactivities/infrastructure.html

1 - 20 of 73 Posts