SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting up very early in the morning these past few days to capture some photos of Melbourne in the Winter as the sun rises.

It's a bit of a gamble trying to take "fog photos" because a number of times I rose at 5am only to drive into the city by 6am and discover there was no fog where I wanted to shoot.

Nevertheless persistence pays and here are a few of my shots, some with fog and some without....

Enjoy!

PS: Don't forget that you can purchase all of these from Photologium.com! :)

I shot this at 6:45am when it was 3 degrees. There was no fog on this morning but I still came home with a good shot!

Collingwood traffic...

Under the Prince's Bridge in the city...

Southbank looking west with the Rialto in the distance. Look at how still the waters on the Yarra are!

Prince's Bridge, looking towards Federation Square

Transport Bar and Federation Wharf on the Yarra

Federation Square

Looking through the trees

Alexander Gardens

Still waters run deep on the Yarra

The Yarra after sunrise.... SO COLD!

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
You guys are lucky to have late sunrises. 6:45am and the sun is normally breaking over the horizon in Sydney.

I like the shots of the misty Yarra. the Rialto shot is nice with the tower poking it's head out of the mist. I enjoy scrapers when they fight to stand out during such times.

·
selling my body since 88'
2,241 Posts
Wow eerie and yet all so cool.. Terrific pics.

·
Registered Abuser
2,903 Posts
I get up at 5.45 every day. Used to get up earlier when I was milking.

Great shots Adam. I've been kicking myself lately on my drives to work for not remembering my camera. You've covered over my neglect and then some.

·
Expert
933 Posts
neat shots! i love fog! in östersund where i used to live before and in stockholm it's always misty in the autumn even in the winter you can see steam rising from the water until it freezes, if it does.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
A few week's ago I actually walked from a party in South Yarra, down Punt Road to Collingwood at 5am (NYLEX said it was -1c) and coming over that hill on the southern side of the River and looking over Richmond made me stop and get goosebumps, and then walking through the Punt Road tunnel under Richmond Station was very odd, you could not really see either entrance when I was in the middle.

I really wish I had a camera-- the Punt Road Bridge over the Yarra looked like it was floating in dry ice, you could not see the water very clearly.

Thanks so much for these photo's-- really captured the mood of winter Melbourne well.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Beautiful shots!

·
Chip on my shoulder (BBQ)
3,135 Posts
^^ :lol: Lowey you really need a psychiatrist son. This obsession has become a worry.

Back to these photos - absolutely brilliant. However that cold and dark weather would do my head in. I need blue sky in my life.

Great effort though - very artistic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts