College
3x Champion:
1952, 1965, 1966

opened 1923

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
Seems like overkill.

Were three scoreboards really needed? Two weren't enough?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
could have suspended them over the field....

Trust us, we dont always over do our staiums in Texas, but when we do, we prefer to overkill.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Could have also had the world's largest dome with a retractable roof as well.

Point is, 3 videoboards is NOTHING. Especially compared to what's going on here.

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
JJG said:
Could have also had the world's largest dome with a retractable roof as well.

Point is, 3 videoboards is NOTHING. Especially compared to what's going on here.
Apples and oranges I'd say. Spartan Stadium doesn't look like the type of place that really needs two on one end zone.

I don't know what Cowboys Stadium has to do with it

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Apples and oranges I'd say. Spartan Stadium doesn't look like the type of place that really needs two on one end zone.

I don't know what Cowboys Stadium has to do with it
What I'm saying is, it could have been EXTREMELY overpriced with more bells and whistles than party store.

Maybe Sparty's stadium may not seem like a place to have two video boards in one endzone, but that's just a small update to keep up with facilities of today. Could have been worse. Hey, they could have gone completely overboard....

·
Unregistered User
2,586 Posts
JJG said:
What I'm saying is, it could have been EXTREMELY overpriced with more bells and whistles than party store.

Maybe Sparty's stadium may not seem like a place to have two video boards in one endzone, but that's just a small update to keep up with facilities of today. Could have been worse. Hey, they could have gone completely overboard....
They did go overboard. That gigantic LED ribbon board in the end zone looks terrible.

Using Cowboys Stadium as an example of how they didn't go overboard doesn't make sense. No stadium comes close to it. It's an outlier.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts