SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1462 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,650 Posts
Will it still be the Red Bulls stadium?

Looks like cheap piece of crap for 1.7 billion dollars, it should be made of gold with hovering roof for that kind of money.

The facade is pretty nice, but not 1.7 billion nice

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,650 Posts
I know, but Red Bull Park will not be enough for major games with attendance over 25,000 - so I assume they will still use the giants stadium for those type of games.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Looks like cheap piece of crap for 1.7 billion dollars, it should be made of gold with hovering roof for that kind of money.

The facade is pretty nice, but not 1.7 billion nice
How of a cut does the mafia and politicians get to have such an enourmous price tags. That's like twice what it would cost to build elsewhere in Suburbia, USA

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I know, but Red Bull Park will not be enough for major games with attendance over 25,000 - so I assume they will still use the giants stadium for those type of games.
correct. big international games (WCQ's, etc..) would be held at new giants stadium
all MLS games and smaller international games would be held at Red Bull Park.

·
6,749 Posts
I love it:yes:
Everything from the interior with those large tv screens, the beautiful facade, landscape and the railway link... it's awesome.
When i go back to Jersey in the next couple of years i'll make sure to swing around the East Rutherford area and take a closer look for myself.

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
19,650 Posts
I'm not saying it's bad, but it's just no way 1.7 billion good. Or the public toilets there better be made of pure gold.

correct. big international games (WCQ's, etc..) would be held at new giants stadium
all MLS games and smaller international games would be held at Red Bull Park.
Right, makes sense.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So people actually think that it looks $1.7 billion good? There isn't anything particularly wrong with it (I don't find the core form particularly attractive, but thats a personal opinion). If you're paying that, you should expect the greatest design in the world, its okay, but personally would'nt go that far.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,264 Posts
I agree with ya Ben. It looks good but it by no means looks great. For that money you would think they would be getting some superb innovative design or that it was located in Midtown or something.

It being NY it should be the country's premiere sporting facility and I have a hard time imagining that it will be. The outside does look a bit better to me then the inside from what I can tell. I would like to see a render from inside the stadium from the ones we are getting.

1 - 20 of 1462 Posts