SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
good stuff - I hope the new build element of East Street Mills isn't too incongruous, it seems to completely shields one side of the mills.

I'm going to have a wander around next weekend and see if I can see where the Echo development / Lowfold / Flax Place fit in - it's going to be a veritable canyon of apartment complexes down East Street in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The side where the new build is, is indeed where the old section is most "mill-ish", with its long wall punctuated by rows of windows. I'm very suprised they haven't made this a more prominent feature, viewable from the exterior of the development.
Bad planning IMO.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Has anyone noticed this application for yet another large development on the east side - albeit on the south side of the river :-

pplication 06/02364/FU
Received on 12/04/2006
Description
multi level development in 8 blocks up to 10 storeys comprising 570 flats, 141 live/work units, hotel with 166 bedrooms, offices, cafe/ bars,restaurant and car parking.
Former Hydro Works Clarence Road Hunslet Leeds LS10 1LN

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fred2 said:
Has anyone noticed this application for yet another large development on the east side - albeit on the south side of the river :-

pplication 06/02364/FU
Received on 12/04/2006
Description
multi level development in 8 blocks up to 10 storeys comprising 570 flats, 141 live/work units, hotel with 166 bedrooms, offices, cafe/ bars,restaurant and car parking.

Woah!

This is a very large site which I thought was going to be the original Arena site back in the day.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Fred2 said:

pplication 06/02364/FU
Received on 12/04/2006
Description
Fred, I think I mentioned this a week or two ago but I forget which thread I posted it in. This is a joint venture between the City Council and Hydro Aluminium on a site either side of Clarence Road and running down to the river. You can read more about it on the city council's website since a report on the proposal's went to last week's City Centre Plans Panel.

·
Bermondsey Boro
2,342 Posts
My accountants sent me a brochure for Parade and Drive, the Urban Splash Richmond Hill development. I haven't got a scanner so can't post the pics but I'm sure they must be on the US website, don't think they've been posted already? Looks an interesting development, typical Urban Splash silk purse from sows ear stylee.

Anyways, I'm off to drink too much beer and cheer on the Boro, the BBC website updates of the carnival atmosphere out in Eindhoven have left me gutted that I didn't just take a punt and go out ticketless :(

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Fred2 said:

pplication 06/02364/FU
Received on 12/04/2006
Description
yup, posted it on the Clarence Dock thread, but you're right it sits more appropriately on this one. Seems huge - hotel as well etc, and I like the presence of the 'live/work' unit phenomena something which I don't think has been as big in Leeds as it could have been to date. Again, you're right, south side of river, directly behind the student flats, which in turn is behind Clarence Dock. Am astounded at the level of development down the East Street corridor. More good stuff.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Latest pics of Barratt's development on East Street. Not a lot to see, I know but wanted to give some idea of the scale of the development.

One of the planners' concerns is to maintain the view of the west end of S. Saviour's Church from the waterfront.

·
6,904 Posts
I know this is across the river from East Street, but there is a new application this week from Isis for a new residential and commercial development at Yarn Street, Hunslet. No further details on it yet, but it further stretches the riverside proposals east along the river.

There are so many east of Clarence Dock/Gateway now that it is hard to keep track of them all ; with the 13 storey 'Aire' on Sth Accom Rd, 14 storey plus low rise blocks of 'Echo' nearby, the Barrett developement on East Street, the East Street major developennt by Oakgate, the new 10 storey application mentioned above, and now this one by Isis.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Lno1 mentioned Yarn Street a month or so ago. Tis houses rather than apartments which is good!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
From the top of the Clarence Dock MSCP the conversion and new build elements of Banks Mill are really coming on. Behind, you can just make out the East Street Mills new build. Trinity 1 and the Gateway are lurking on left hand side. Am really interest to see how Banks Mill turns out, especially the grafting of a new build element on to the side. If it looks pants, I'll have trouble pacifying Smoggie.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More courtesy of CJA;

East Bank, Leeds

Client Oakgate Group PLC
Status Ongoing
Construction cost £22 million

The East Bank scheme is set to further regenerate the east of Leeds city centre that is currently under utilized, delivering 2990 sq m (32,000 sq ft) of commercial space together with residential development.

The residential element of the scheme comprises 181 one and two bedroom apartments and four penthouses. There will also be 255 parking spaces incorporating both surface and decked parking for residents use. Both new and enhanced areas of open space will also be included in the scheme.

It is anticipated that work will commence on site in the summer of 2006.

source

1 - 20 of 269 Posts