1 - 20 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ventureast.co.uk/

New mixed use quarter

15.24 acres incorporating canal basin and adjactent to proposed City Park

Potential for over 90,000 sq m of mixed use development to include a minimum of 55,000 sq m of offices and 160 residential units to create a new urban community.

G

·
Eastside is slowly taking place and its still got 200 odd acres to go :runaway:

Masshouse, City Park, Curzon, VentureEast, Pinnnacle, Warwick Bar ... Good God. I just wet myself.

·
Brummie Angeleno
15,186 Posts
I know it's great news Simlim, but it's hardly rocket science to spot areas for redevelopment though is it? I reckon all of us would have masterplanned our city 20 years ago if given the chance. This is a great area where another Brindleyplace mix of quality build and water will go hand in hand hopefully.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
The thing that should top it off though is a large British or even foreign company relocating its headquarters there! :)

·
15,712 Posts
nice to see this taking off and actively being advertised for development.

will be interesting to see what comes about from it!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Fusionist said:
Actually it is replacing the public square at MP

I stand corrected - but it seems too narrow and a waist of time with all those roads through it.

Also what happened to the idea of MP rivalling centenary square?

G

·
It needs some sort of cluster. Even if the tallest is 70m - 2 or 3 medium size towers behind the Pinnacle site is a must. Be interesting to see if they've thought about that on the masterplan.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Erebus555 said:
The thing that should top it off though is a large British or even foreign company relocating its headquarters there! :)
you've made a very good point there. We do need to attract more business especially foreign corporates of some note. Manchester is already rolling them in and I suspect Milton Keynes will be doing the same now that they've decided to expand their boundaries.

More international business can only be good for Birmigham and will certainly help it become a "world class city"

·
Registered
470 Posts
This idea was conceived so long ago the Eastside partners were looking at a tenant like Cisco systems with massive headquarter buildings, probalem is it was so long ago we have had the dotcom crash the asian financial crisis and a number of smaller peaks and troughs in the meantime and the likelyhood of us getting a massive headquarters type tenant are minor, look at Fujitsu pulling out of Walsall. As they have spent nearly five years assembling the site it seems a waste to sell it in one chunk and not to split it into more bitesiae chunks maybe being build by competing developers.

(They probably need the cash for the park!)

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
CISCO are at Eastside at MP.

Main HQ and academy for Europe, Africa, Far East and Australasia. Admin work done in the Netherlands IIRC, which may be moving to Eastside.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Thanks Simon

IIRC???

I think the idea was for them to take 300,000 sq.ft plus, is that a possibility? if so it would be an enormous feather in the cap!

(Also as a sideline if we took it off the dutch, it would be one in the eye for HP!)

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
If I Recall Correctly.

The TIC at MP are big up on CISCO. You speak to anyone who works with CISCO and they know the place. It's the HQ for training outside the USA.

Now, just need 300,000 sq. ft+ offices to go.

The NTI down the road should become well known. I was speaking to someone at Apple Computers and Apple want it to be very important, one of the reasons is it's link with the TIC to CISCO.

1 - 20 of 880 Posts