:nono: *Ventureast

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
:nono: *Typhoo Wharf not Warf. ;)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Is BIAD the same as the Brit School / West Midlands Eastside Arts Academy (snappy!) we have been promised I believe on Parcelforce site

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it will be opposite Rosa's - there's some grass area next to Masshouse at the top of Curzon street that leads to the rail line.

The only bit of information I know is we may have ~£20m to spend on three concert rooms, one will be similar to the Symphony Hall for classical music but slightly smaller, this will replace the Adrian Boult hall. One will be a clean stage, for events, conferences, live music etc. The final room will be dirty, heavy and dark, for grungy gigs such as rock. It's all very quiet. BCU are almost ready to submit full planning. It will be like Snowhill, it will go through planning in a couple of weeks, the day it passes planning building will start. It should be finished by summer 2010.

·
SSC Geek
2,795 Posts
Glad to hear that they're prepared to get moving straight away. If anything it would be nice just to see some people actually doing some work in Eastside!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Interesting re rock venue - so BCU are planning one (I suppose not surprisingly as in other cities unis play a major part in the city's live music offer and that has never been the case in Brum). So thats BCU, a theory around the Digbeth Cold Storage place being a venue, new Irish Centre, eventual reprovided Carling Academy (at the old Dome?). Wonder if there is any kind of coordination going on here. The city needs a 3000 capacity standing venue at end of it all so hopefully one of those options will provide that

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes but we need a 3000 max for attracting that size of concert also. 8000 is way too big for a lot of (the most interesting) artists

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
NIA's smaller than that isn't it? I thought it was 8000 max?

The NEC Arena needs to be rebuilt IMHO, and larger but designed so it can be divided up :)

·
ENTJ 8w9
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ICC needs a scrub up too.

NIA will take 13,000 SEATED, the floor area can be standing, 2 people per square metre standing.

1 - 20 of 900 Posts