Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Megaworld Corporation - HAPPENING NOW: Megaworld senior vice president Jericho Go announces the expansion of Eastwood City by an additional 1.5 hectares where the company will build more office and residential towers and commercial spaces.

·
#TeamNorthEDSA
1,405 Posts
More news

Megaworld expanding Eastwood City to cater to more BPOs

snipped

The company announced in a stock exchange disclosure on Monday, May 26, that it acquired a property located at the eastern part of the Quezon City township along Eastwood Palmtree Avenue, beside the Eastwood Le Grand Tower 3.

The purchase brings Eastwood City's total land area to 18.5 hectares.

At least 3 office towers are in the pipeline. First to rise is a high-rise, mixed-use tower that combines residential, office and commercial in a cluster.

snipped
Source

·
Registered
287 Posts
megaworld megaworld megaworld haaay. i do hope you improve eastwood with wider roads, better pedestrian access, more parking for office employees (not that cramped and dirty parking space at city walk or that very hot cybermall parking), improved elevator and escalator maintenance, more trees, i could go on and on....
ang layo nyo sa ayala developments.... its time u up your game please for the sake of the residents and office employees in eastwood...

·
11,148 Posts
Eastwood City's Palm Tree Avenue isn't actually very well connected to the rest of Eastwood City.

You know, they could be a little less greedy, and for the sake of better urban planning sacrifice a little bit of Eastwood City Walk 1 to connect Palm Tree Avenue to Orchard Road without having to pass through Eastwood Avenue.

Palm Tree Avenue was actually supposed to be a new entry/exit point to probably help ease the vehicular congestion in Eastwood City and make it more accessible from Calle Industria via Calle Economia. Personally, I think it was only a moderate success since it connects to pre-existing bottlenecks on the limited road network of Eastwood City.

·
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Megaworld has no acquisition plans for 2015

BusinessMirror | VG Cabuag - December 15, 2014

PROPERTY developer Megaworld Corp., a company led by billionaire Andrew Tan, said it has no plans of acquiring another company next year, with its capital expenditures (capex) returning to “normal.”

-- SNIPPED --

We just want to continue to develop [Megaworld] until we exhaust all our land bank. Eastwood City has been around since the 1990s, but until now it’s not finished and we are still developing it, making it bigger,” Sian said, referring to its first township development in Libis, Quezon City.

More

·
Banned
28,180 Posts
Megaworld to expand Eastwood City
By Richmond S. Mercurio | The Philippine Star | Monday | Updated December 22, 2014 | 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Megaworld Corp., the flagship property unit of tycoon Andrew L. Tan, intends to expand Eastwood City in Libis as it acquires more property nearby.

Kingson Sian, president of Tan’s Alliance Global Group Inc. and executive director of Megaworld, said there is still plenty of land around Eastwood City which the property giant is looking to acquire in the coming years.

Read More: Source

·
Registered
48 Posts
Masyado nang masikip ang Eastwood. Wala nang open spaces aside from the one in front of the mall. Hinde na masyadong enjoyable tumambay dun.

·
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Megaworld hikes 5-year capex to P286 billion

04/06/2015 1:54 PM | ABS-CBNnews.com

MANILA – Andrew Tan-led property developer Megaworld said it will be spending P285.8 billion in the next five years for its capital expenditure program, 24 percent higher than the initial 5-year, P230 billion capex announced last year.

-- SNIPPED --

Three hotel towers will also be launched in Boracay Newcoast, 10 office towers in McKinley West, McKinley Hill, Eastwood City, Woodside City, Davao Park District, and Southwoods City; and three malls and commercial centers across its townships all over the country.

More

·
Banned
28,180 Posts
Eastwood Global Plaza [mix|res]

MEGAWORLD's Eastwood Global Plaza [mix|res]
@ Eastwood City Complex, Bagumbayan, Quezon City, Metro Manila

MEGAWORLD​

Reactions: van_pasco

·
Banned
28,180 Posts

Reactions: van_pasco

·
11,148 Posts
So the podium are offices while the tower on top of it are residential units?

·
Banned
28,180 Posts
Scale Model:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Meh, I own a condo in Le Grande II, directly overlooking the site. I can't really see how what they're doing conforms to that plan.

To be honest I'm pretty pissed off, I'm actually living here and bought the place when One Eastwood Avenue was the 'last tower going up in Eastwood'. I always knew there was a chance they'd redevelop the space opposite but I didn't expect a massive tower and certainly not the 24/7 construction they have going on.

Don't suppose there's anything to do about it (but suggestions welcome).

I'll try and get some decent pictures of the site if it ever becomes clear how it's supposed to hang together.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts