SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Omni Forever
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only who CAN'T STAND Doral?

It seems like EVERY time I go there and end up eating at a restaurant there, I have a bad experience. Be it food, service or both.

I've never, and I mean never, had a good experience there.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Have you tried La Bruschetta (107 and 36)? They have great service and the food there is great. Quick question about Doral construction (I could not find a thread on it here). What is going up next to the new Eurosuites in front of International Mall. I see some construction and no ad as to what it is.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Have you tried La Bruschetta (107 and 36)? They have great service and the food there is great. Quick question about Doral construction (I could not find a thread on it here). What is going up next to the new Eurosuites in front of International Mall. I see some construction and no ad as to what it is.
I have only been to Bruschetta two times. The second time I went the service was so bad that the manager came over and ended up apologizing and giving us a discount.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Biscayne Corridor Realtor
930 Posts
doral sux

I detest Doral, I mean I DETEST that place and everything it stands for. Suburbia/sprawl, bad traffic, corrupt police, no infrastructure, zero culture, horrible architecture, zero tree canope, yuck!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I detest Doral, I mean I DETEST that place and everything it stands for. Suburbia/sprawl, bad traffic, corrupt police, no infrastructure, zero culture, horrible architecture, zero tree canope, yuck!
As for the police you mean Miami-Dade Police, the Doral Police Department began patrols yesterday. I doubt they have done anything corrupt, yet.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
but they do have a new stand-alone Chic-fil-a. I've been waiting for one of these to hit Miami for years. If they had one of these in Kendall I'd be 50 pounds heavier.

And the service is excellent!

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
I'm almost positive that Chick-fil-A actually was in the market (South Miami, I think) years ago and then vanished. Maybe I'm just hallucinating again...:lol:

Either way, I'm not much of a fan of fast food but I've gotta admit I'll find excuses to get something from them when I go to the IKEA in South Philly---they're right next door.

·
Contents Under Pressure
9,623 Posts
Speaking of hallucinating, the post I responded to about Chick-fil-A has vanished...making it seem like I just started talking about fried chicken for no apparent reason. Cue the Twilight Zone music...

·
Omni Forever
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went to the Applebee's there and the waiter forgot to bring drinks, napkins, water, and the food took forever. When he finally brought the food, he disappeared...and never brought utensils.

The Chili's closed down.

Ate at the Red Lobster there, and they served me some new shrimp dish with some kinda lime sauce on it. When I got to the last one, I noticed that the shrimp was gray---as in raw. The sauce masked its rawness. The manager ended up giving me a discount when he looked at the plate. And I wasn't even mad. He took one look and said, "Whoop! I'm giving you a discount."

Stopped at Boston Market for a quick bite, and we were in line for about 20 minutes and featured a screaming manager. Some poor young, tall dude with a broom who seemed slow was getting yelled at.

I dare not even mention Ale House...

That whole town says go away. I hate it.

·
Registered Fool
2,775 Posts
Other than the golf courses, Doral is overrated in my opinion. To me there is nothing appealing about living in Doral (again except the golf courses). It also seems to be between industrial zones to the north and south. That is why you see so many big trucks on the streets too.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm almost positive that Chick-fil-A actually was in the market (South Miami, I think) years ago and then vanished. Maybe I'm just hallucinating again...:lol:
They have one that stays pretty busy in Dadeland Mall and they used to have one in the Cutler Ridge mall, but going to a food court for fast food just always seemed strange to me.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Speaking of hallucinating, the post I responded to about Chick-fil-A has vanished...making it seem like I just started talking about fried chicken for no apparent reason. Cue the Twilight Zone music...
Same thing happened to me. Then my post vanished for a bit, which I didn't mind 'cause 'least I wasn't just randomly babbling........I prefer to have a little direction for my babbling.

·
One Brickell CityCentre
13,120 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Then my post vanished for a bit, which I didn't mind 'cause 'least I wasn't just randomly babbling........I prefer to have a little direction for my babbling.
The website definitely has been having problems lately, and posts and private messages have been disappearing and reappearing as if the Bermuda Triangle has extended its boundaries. Miami is in the Bermuda Triangle, you know. That is one of the reasons we have such a traffic problem. People momentarily disappear and reappear out of nowhere causing accidents. That is also why it seems we end up with more people here in South Florida than expected with people wondering where they came from. :lol:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Hmmm I've never eaten in a restaurant at Doral. Maybe a quick deli here and there but not at a restaurant... Thanks for the warning... I know a lot of doralians? and they always drive off somehwere to eat!

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
When I lived in Miami in the 90's I used to frequently go to Doral Plaza and eat at Cafe Margaritas??? yum and right next to it was a delicious burrito place can't remember the name thou.

Also remember lunching a lot a Deli Lane on SDH 60ish ave.

I wonder if those places still existence?

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts