Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thread title details:

Sorry, despite my best efforts I couldn't track down the application documents which showed the new build elevations (in order to confirm floors & height). The only planning app I could find only included documents relating to the previous retail development that retained the old Peugeot Garage.

So 35m (deliberate under estimate I think) & 13 floors is a guess. Scotland Street Metis is 14 floors and 43m but this is seems much smaller than that by the visuals - so I lopped 8 metres off for good measure.

Please can some cleverer than me try and find the actual details and confirm for HellaGood to update the title?

Thanks!

·
I'm in your woods
8,075 Posts
The developers are Nikal. The renders on their site are showing it as 15 storeys. Assuming that's right and it's the final design, 15 storeys should work out at 45m. However, the ground floor is shown as double height, which would add around 3m. The 10th floor looks to have a higher ceiling than the others, which may make it 4m instead of 3. By the looks of it, the 2nd floor may also have a high ceiling. In total, I think that would add up to something like 50m. https://nikal.uk.com/project/ecclesall-junction/

·
Registered
275 Posts
My guess would be they've counted the two retail floors as one for some reason, possibly because they might not be like lift accessible or something? I have no idea if that's a thing or not, but at least that would make sense and fit the black and white renders. In which case it would be, effectively, a 14 storey building.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 20 of 97 Posts