SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
107,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I ventured east from Calton Hill towards the Royal Mile for a nice stroll on a cloudy day.

Look at the rolling hills!

What are those yellow buses / flowers?

Too bad this palace was closed!

The Scottish Parliament is a neat looking building. I went inside for a stroll but photos were not allowed in the parliament hall.

Now onwards to the Castle!

My Edinburgh photo gallery : http://www.globalphotos.org/edinburgh.htm

·
Rock Lord
12,957 Posts
excellent pictures, I'm would give them 10 out of 10.

I can't wait to see trams here.

My only advice for Edinburgh is becareful of their car parking attendants. I went once and got a ticket because I parked on a motorbike spot not a car one :(

·
Registered
989 Posts
the SP builfing is an embarrassment :eek:hno: doesnt lend anything to the wonderful buildings around it and sticks out like a sore thumb. the wood reminds me of a mud hut in darkest Africa and the chunks around the windows looks post-apocalytic... grizzly indeed... but nuff bitching, i love edinburgh and these photos have done it justice. especially the 1st one which is now my desktop now ;)

·
Cute but Psycho...
6,023 Posts
Edinburgh is beautiful but that Parliament Building really does look out of place(IMO its rather ugly too) and i can't see it ageing very well. A parliament building should be more imposing.

·
2cloudsabove9
370 Posts
In general a beautiful city but some of those buildings were depressing.But then again,also just my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts