Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
You cant tell the level of activity in a city based on park shots. More importantly more than half the pictures are of the river. Whats the level of pedestrian traffic on Lake Ontario?

·
Registered
830 Posts
big W said:
You cant tell the level of activity in a city based on park shots. More importantly more than half the pictures are of the river. Whats the level of pedestrian traffic on Lake Ontario?
Pretty high in the summer months. Dead in the winter.

Edmonton's gorgeous but the city's pretty bland from what I hear from Torontonians who've lived there. Then again, I've met Edmontonians who feel clausterphobic in Toronto and long for the open spaces of their hometown.

Chacon son gout!

·
Registered
359 Posts
parts of edmonton are definately bland....but many parts as in any city are quite the opposite. I am very happy to have our rivervalley....it is amazing to see when you are in a tower downtown.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Buster said:
Pretty high in the summer months. Dead in the winter.

Edmonton's gorgeous but the city's pretty bland from what I hear from Torontonians who've lived there. Then again, I've met Edmontonians who feel clausterphobic in Toronto and long for the open spaces of their hometown.

Chacon son gout!
No the lake is devoid of pedestrians, the lake shoreline however has good pedestrian traffic. Hence my referance to the dead river. Its water what do you expect 10,000 Jesus's running around.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would be proud of green city with fresh air, the precious gift that nature awards. You will be truly sick after the city is full of concrete high-rises and the sky turns grey.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
So many different opinions. I have to admit the buildings look rather boxy. I like the setting though. Doesn't look like an industrial river.

·
~ Mysterious Entity ~
4,865 Posts
Edmonton's buildings are petty boxy, just like every Canadian city. Boxy seems to be part of our culture. I love all of Edmonton's green. In fact the thing I like most about Halifax is that it is extremely green - and like Edmonton, it's green all over, not just in parks. Zergling should move to Montreal. It seems to be Canada's concrete capital where most of the greenery is well confined to parks where it won't offend anyone's urban sensibilities. I'm not sure I could survive there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts