SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for a bike ride and snapped a few shots along the way.

golf course in the valley

classic skyline shot from mcnally HS soccer field

back down into the valley. weeee! this is the best hill in the city. i swear i was getting close to 80 km/h at the bottom.

quiet little park

some sort of bbq hut for bbq-ing

muttart conservatory.

after going back up a hill to cross over connors road hill, back down but leaving the valley and heading into a creek the joins up with the valley

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very nice picture indeed! :)

·
Technocrat
878 Posts
I very much like the 3rd from last, the one with the Muttart and DT in the background...very cool

Actually that skyline shot is also gorgeous too...

I guess I never quite realized how much Edmonton's river valley looks like Fish Creek Provincial Park here in Calgary...except that the paths are much better maintained...

All in all, great pics! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx guys.

the conditions were just right to snap some beauties. hopefully in a few weeks once the trees are out in full bloom i'll go out again and get some real eye-catchers.

i was actually surprised at the quality of the photos considering i was just mucking about while riding. i think in a few weeks i'll head DT during lunch hour and hit up jasper, 124st and such. maybe a stop over at u of a and whyte ave too.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
really nice, Edmonton has a great skyline.

·
Technocrat
878 Posts
^ ?

Seems like a lot of that is going around. Apparently Canadian cities are just...simcity-like...

Please help me here, I'm a long-time SimCity gamer and I still can't pick up on the similarity...I'd just really like to know why... :)

·
Gosford/Sydney.
1,642 Posts
Boris550 said:
^ ?

Seems like a lot of that is going around. Apparently Canadian cities are just...simcity-like...

Please help me here, I'm a long-time SimCity gamer and I still can't pick up on the similarity...I'd just really like to know why... :)
Same kind of buildings and park scenes.The grid style streets also help to create the Simcity effect

G

·
Wow, a real grid pattern itseems from the air.

Question: I know Edmonton has the biggest strip mall in the world so honestly, what is downtown shopping like in general?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Strip Mall?! You're quite offensive.

Anyways, downtown shopping died when it was built, but it's making a comeback now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts