SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's the ranking of Eastern European cities from "Rate Our Skylines" subforum.
Full list is here: http://www.skyscrapercity.info/900.php?id=1003
I must say that the results are really strange ;):D The winner is OK, but the rest of the ranking is quite surprising.
If you want to change the results just click on the links and vote.

1. WARSZAWA (Warsaw)
Score: 7.86

2. GDANSK
Score: 7.7

3. WROCLAW
Score: 7.69

4. KRAKOW
Score: 7.67

5. RIGA
Score: 7.63

6. VILNIUS
Score: 7.63

7. LODZ
Score: 7.62

8. PRAHA (Prague)
Score: 7.61

9. BEOGRAD (Belgrade)
Score: 7.57

10. ZELENOGRAD
Score: 7.55 :D

11. ST. PETERSBURG
Score: 7.2

12. POZNAN
Score: 6.96

13. SARAJEVO
Score: 6.95

14. KYIV (Kiev)
Score: 6.95

15. MOSCOW
Score: 6.92

16. PODGORICA :D
Score: 6.9

17. GDYNIA
Score: 6.88

18. SZCZECIN
Score: 6.84

19. BUCURESTI (Bucharest)
Score: 6.67

20. SOFIA
Score: 6.42

21. BRATISLAVA
Score: 6.38

22. TALLINN
Score: 6.35

23. TIRANA
Score: 6.12

24. LVIV
Score: 6.35

25. LJUBLJANA
Score: 6.19

26. KATOWICE
Score: 6.06 :(

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
The Lviv pictures is horrible. Although our skyline is pretty modest, that picture doesn't show even half of it. Where is the Dominican Cathedral? That is the most noticable dome in Lviv's skyline. Korniakt's Tower is also not present.

·
Monkey business
3,539 Posts
With more than a third of those being Polish, I can conclude that this was a very "patriotic" poll indeed.. Plus it seems to me the cities would have to be presented, or nominated before voted on (I'm not that familiar with the system at ROS), so my conclusion is that all this list shows is Polish dominance of the forums..

But I have to agree with Warsaw, it deserves to win.

·
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the votes. I added Ljubljana to the list and changed the picture of Lviv, I hope it looks better now ;)

@Timoth12: Do you have some new pics of Bratislava skyline?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I was wondering how the heck Belgrade got such a high rating for skyline. Then I noticed that 25% of the voters gave it a 10 :|. If we make the radical assumption that Belgrade doesn't have a perfect skyline, it's score goes down to 5.8

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
29,117 Posts
Some of it is funny, like zelonograd. While Lviv for example should be much above Kyiv.

As much as I love Kyiv, it doesn't have a skyline. It needs to be looked at individually, square by square, building by building. It's too large to have a proper skyline.

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
L3D3NI said:
I was wondering how the heck Belgrade got such a high rating for skyline. Then I noticed that 25% of the voters gave it a 10 :|. If we make the radical assumption that Belgrade doesn't have a perfect skyline, it's score goes down to 5.8
If you'd look closely you'd notice many people gave Belgrade a 10, and they were far from all being Serbs. They voted for the city itself, and not the skyline. Now here's a big :| from me too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Filip said:
If you'd look closely you'd notice many people gave Belgrade a 10, and they were far from all being Serbs.
Did I say they were all Serbs?

Filip said:
They voted for the city itself, and not the skyline.
Which one would think to be besides the point in a forum called "Rate Our Skylines".

·
Torontonian 4ever
9,891 Posts
L3D3NI said:
Did I say they were all Serbs?

Which one would think to be besides the point in a forum called "Rate Our Skylines".
Rarely does one vote for the skyline, they vote for the whole city. Look at Prague, barely any skyline but high ratings. Or Toronto, fantastic skyline yet low ratings. No need to get all :| on us just cause Belgrade's beating Sarajevo, no need to get your panties in such a twist...

·
Registered
572 Posts
Filip said:
Rarely does one vote for the skyline, they vote for the whole city. Look at Prague, barely any skyline but high ratings. Or Toronto, fantastic skyline yet low ratings. No need to get all :| on us just cause Belgrade's beating Sarajevo, no need to get your panties in such a twist...
I vote exclusively for the skyline, and in my experience most others do the same. For the city overall there exists a "rate our architecture" forum. And I did not mention Sarajevo at all. Please calm down.

·
Registered
976 Posts
SoboleuS said:
Thanks for the votes. I added Ljubljana to the list and changed the picture of Lviv, I hope it looks better now ;)

@Timoth12: Do you have some new pics of Bratislava skyline?
Not yet, but maybe this picture is better, I would add him in the meantime, more skyline is behind the right side of the picture:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts