SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The City of Banja Luka!

Part I -> Why to visit?

In my opinion Banja Luka hasn't got to offer things like Zagreb or Belgrade. So if you are looking some "unbeleivable" buildings, some modern, new skyscrapers or some huge shopping mals, Banja Luka is not place for you. It's medium size city with 270.000 population, very spread out, hasn't got much tall buildings, but what's excellnt about this city is atmosphere! You can talk about anything with anyone. In cafes, if you are alone, someone will simply sit to next to you and start nice talk. Cafes in Banja Luka are allways full, and there are always people who are for a nice chat.

Another thing Banja Luka is proud of is Vrbas river. It's beautifull river! It also has a lot of fish, so if you are fishermann this is place for you! It's going through a city center, but it's surrounded with 10-15 meters of trees and grass! And only 15 meters are roads, business buildings, people in a hury and they are all living fast city life. Only 15 meters from that paradise! Another great thing about Vrbas is that in summer you can swim in it. Even though it's cold, it's full of people swimming in it, or driving a "dajak", special boat you can find only here. You can pay some 3-4 € and have a great tour in that boat. If you're comming to Banja Luka, that's "must do"!

Thing Banja Luka is famous for is food! Especially ćevapi (bosnian/serbian kebabs). There are many diffrent ways of making ćevaps, but for many people way from Banja Luka is best. Than there are many meat specialities, old bosnian-serbian food, pies (burek!)...if you like good food, this is place for you!

Than, I think this is city with best nightlife in whole Bosnia and Herzegovina, a lot of cafes, clubs are discos. I guess that our Serbian mentality if fault for that, becouse after 2:00h life begins in Banja Luka, and it's "wild and unforgetable" until 7:00h in the morning. If you are single, hehe...this is place for you!

Girls are special thing, many people in former Yugoslavia beleive that girls in Banja Luka are the most beautifull in the former country. Legend says that statisics are: 1 man -> 7 womans! Thing I like to do the most on Saturday is to find some nice cafe, drink a beer with some of my friends and look at all these beautifull girls, and especially some parts of them :colgate:

I almost forgot trees! Banja Luka is known to be the greenest city in former Yugoslavia! A lot of alleys, almost every street is alley! In summer it's excellent, you can walk for a whole day and feel nice. And if you feel like it's hot, you can jump into a Vrbas for a swim!

Part II -> Where to stay?

Banja Luka has many, many hotels and motels, but I decided only to post some hotels with four and more stars. They are not expensive, and I beleive that people from other countries would like to stay in nice hotel, not some shitty hotel with two stars!

Garni Hotel Firenca:

Adress: Urosa Predica 1
Telephone: 051/311-290
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.hotelfirenca.com/

Hotel Ćubić:

Adress: Glamočani bb
Telephone: 051/331-000
Web: http://www.hotelcubic.com/

Hotel Palace:

Adress: Kralja Petra I Karadjordjevica 60
Telephone: 051/218-723
Web: http://www.inecco.net/palas-sm/

Motel grand:

Adress: Suboticka 3
Telephone: 051/380-105
Web: http://www.motelgrand.com/

Part III -> How to come?

You can come to Banja Luka with bus, train or airplane. Aiplane lines are over Belgrade, so I won't post them here. If you are from western countries, best choice is to take an airplane to Zagreb, and than a bus to Banja Luka, or you could take an airplane to Banja Luka over Belgrade, but that's a bit long way. If you are comming from east or central Europe, best solution is to take an airplane to Banja Luka over Belgrade. While having a break you could take a walk in Belgrade :colgate: And if you are comming from some former Yugoslavian country, best solution is train. I know they're slow, but they are big and you have many room!

Bus:

Banja Luka - Cirih nedjeljom u 11 i srijedom u 12h
Banja Luka - Insbruk nedjeljom u 11 i srijedom u 13:30h
Banja Luka - Beč nedjeljom u 11, srijedom i četvrtkom u 13:30h
Banja Luka - Linc nedjeljom u 10:30h
Banja Luka - Minhen nedjeljom u 10 i 11 i srijedom u 11
Banja Luka - Beograd svakim danom u 6:30, 9:30, 12, 15, 17 i 23:30h
Banja Luka - Novi Sad svakim danom u 13:00h
Banja Luka - Kragujevac svakim danom u 5:00 i 6:00h
Banja Luka - Beograd - Niš svakim danom u 00:45h
Banja Luka - Loznica - Niš svakim danom u 18:00h
Banja Luka - Zrenjanin svakim danom u 22:00h
Banja Luka - Subotica svakim danom u 7:30 i 19:00h
Banja Luka - Zvornik - Herceg Novi nedjeljom u 12:30 h
Banja Luka - Crvenka petkom i nedjeljom u 11:00h
Banja Luka - Mostar - Herceg Novi svakim danom u 20:00h
Banja Luka - Zagreb svakim danom u 9:45h
Banja Luka - Rijeka ponedjeljkom, petkom, subotom i nedjeljom u 22:00h
Banja Luka - B. Manastir svakim danom u 14:15h
Banja Luka - Vukovar ponedjeljkom, utorkom, petkom i subotom u 07:00h

Train:

Banja Luka - Novi Grad svakim danom u 13:20 i 19:20h
Banja Luka - Prijedor svakim danom u 13:20 i 19:20h
Banja Luka - Doboj svakim danom u 4:19, 7:30, 10:46, 12:28, 15:39 i 19:10h
Banja Luka - Dobrinj svakim danom u 4:08, 7:20, 10:46 i 15:41h

Part IV -> Local phrases!

Please -> Molim
Thank you -> Hvala
Yes -> Da
No -> Ne
Can I? -> Mogu li?
Would you? -> Mozete li?
Excuse me! -> Izvinite!
Good day! -> Dobar dan!
Good bye! -> Dovidjenja!
I do not understand? -> Ne razumijem?
How do you say that in English? -> Kako se to kaze na engleskom?
How do you spell that in English? -> Kako se to speluje na engleskom?
Good morning! -> Dobro jutro!
Good evening! ->Dobro vece!
What is your name? -> Kako se zovete?
My name is... -> Zovem se...
What do you do? -> Čime se bavite?
How are you? -> Kako ste?
I am very well. Thank you -> Ja sam jako dobro, hvala.
Pleased to meet you -> Drago mi je da sam vas upoznao/la.
Pleased to meet you, too. -> Drago mi je da sam vas upoznao/la, takodje.
Do you speak Serbian? -> Govorite li Srpski?
Have a nice time -> Lijepo se provedite!
All the best - Sve najbolje
Do not mention it! -> Nema na cemu!
It does not matter... -> Nije vazno...
That is all right! -> U redu je!
Have you met...? -> Poznajete li...?
May I introduce myself? -> Mogu li da se predstavim ?
Where do you come from? -> Odakle dolazite?
What are you studying? -> Šta studirate?
I would like to introduce you to... -> Htio/htjela bih vas upoznati sa...
Name -> Ime
Surname -> Prezime
Address -> Adresa
Age -> Godine
Date of birth -> Datum rođenja
Permanent address -> Stalna adresa
Nationality -> Nacionalnost
Telephone number - Telefonski broj

* Taken from Mila's "Sarajevo EE Guide"!

Part V -> Symbols of the city!

President of Republika Srpska's home...

The City Hall...

Old Roman Castle...

National Bank of Republika Srpska...

"Hrista Spasitelja" Church...

Beautiful Vrbas River...

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,356 Posts
"In cafes, if you are alone, someone will simply sit to next to you and start nice talk."

lol u Beogradu bi u zavisnosti od situacije to bilo gledano kao ili bezobrazno ili suludo ponasanje :D

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Singidunum said:
"In cafes, if you are alone, someone will simply sit to next to you and start nice talk."

lol u Beogradu bi u zavisnosti od situacije to bilo gledano kao ili bezobrazno ili suludo ponasanje :D
То ти је разлика у менталитету, мени нажалост јако добро позната. Босанци, Херцеговци и Крајишници су доста отворенији људи од Србијанаца и Црногораца. Србијанац једноставно ради свој посао и не занима га ништа, док ће Босанац стално нешто да те запиткује, па одакле си, па шта радиш, па што ти се не прича...све док га не пошаљеш у пичку материну, када се наљути. Али брзо се одљути, па јопет :colgate:

·
ubahnista
4,625 Posts
Pavle said:
..док ће Босанац стално нешто да те запиткује, па одакле си, па шта радиш, па што ти се не прича......
ili ukratko, po beogradskom, krene da smara :D

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Looks good!

Just wanted to remind you of a few things:
When you're ready for it to be added to the index, please leave me a note in the sticky. Otherwise, I might miss it, or add it before you would prefer it to be put up.

Also, please include some of the larger cities. Banja Luka is fine, I just realized I haven't mentioned this. So, only a few of the biggest, most prominent cities in the country!

Anyway, Great job! :)

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stevan said:
ili ukratko, po beogradskom, krene da smara :D
That's what I was talking about...typicall Belgrader :colgate:

@iMariah, I understand. I'm not finished yet, but when I finish you'll be first to know! By the way Banja Luka is second city in the country, and besides Banja Luka, Sarajevo and maybe Mostar I don't think Bosnia and Herzegovina needs more cities. And all nations will be represented in this case, Sarajevo for Bosniaks, Banja Luka for Serbs and Mostar for Croats.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I saw those picture, and those were probably taken in Serbian part of Sarajevo...called East Sarajevo :colgate:

If no, prove it...or better don't, becose this isn't place for it. And when I think about it, I don't want to listen all that muslim propaganda again!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pavle,

Those Pictures were taken on eastern Orthodox Easter in The Saborna crkva. That is in Downtown Sarajevo. those are not my pictures, and were taken by a friend of Mila's, so I doubt you have seen them. :) Well anyways, it isn't any Muslim Propaganda, or I wouldn’t be apart of it at least.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Pavle said:
I think I saw those picture, and those were probably taken in Serbian part of Sarajevo...called East Sarajevo :colgate:

If no, prove it...or better don't, becose this isn't place for it. And when I think about it, I don't want to listen all that muslim propaganda again!

My friend, please let's not argue. If something annoys you, you have the right to say what annoys you, but there is nothing to do with Muslims in this thread. Muslim propaganda doesn't exist, and we all know that. Let's just stop categorizing every problem on a religion. Ok? :)

Also, when you said, "Sarajevo is Bosniaks, Banja Luka is Serbs, and Mostar is Croats", I think that's wrong. I say, "Bosnia and Herzegovina is for ALL". :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
I can not believe that you actually think that she took all those pictures of Serbs in Lukavica and is now posting them on internet forums claiming that they're in Sarajevo so as to create an illusion that the city is multiethnic :crazy:

·
Српски Ф
5,152 Posts
L3D3NI said:
I can not believe that you actually think that she took all those pictures of Serbs in Lukavica and is now posting them on internet forums claiming that they're in Sarajevo so as to create an illusion that the city is multiethnic :crazy:
:crazy:
Are you talking to me?

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
yugoboy said:
who knows.. that Mila is C-R-A-Z-Y .. did you hear she referd to Bosniaks as Muslims... That Bitch! :cheers: :)
Ahahaha...Yugo! :D Not many people can make the same joke three times and get a laugh out of me. ;) Congrats.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts