SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to discover that there is not a thread anywhere in the forum that discusses airport and aviation developments in Egypt, the crossroads of Africa and the Middle East, so I've opened this thread for you to discuss such. These are the major airports that will be covered in this thread:

- Cairo International (CAI) - the primary gateway to the country
- Hurghada International (HGH) - a gateway to the Red Sea and the second busiest airport after CAI
- Sharm-el-Shiekh International (SSH) - gateway to the Sinai Peninsula, a favorite destination for many holidaymakers from Europe
- Alexandria-Borg El Arab (HBE) - an airport serving the country's second largest city, temporarily replacing Alexandria El Nouzha Airport (ALY)
- Luxor International (LXR) - gateway to the River Nile and Valley of the Kings
- Marsa Alam International (RMF) - another gateway to the Red Sea beaches

Discussions regarding other, minor airports can also be made here.

·
Premium Member
21,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cairo Airport Ramp -- the entire fleet of Egyptair can be observed in it, including the A320, A330, B737, B777, and E170.

·
Premium Member
21,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: m-man

·
Premium Member
21,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anybody have info on Memphis Air? Are they still operating their DC-9 and MD-80?

Also, Cairo Aviation. Do they still operate TU-204s?

TIA
I just recently visited Cairo and saw one Cairo Aviation TU-204 at the "cemetery" where they broke up unused planes. They still seem to have 3 TU-204's active according to aerotransport.org website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems to be a charter airline for both passengers and cargo. They also fly scheduled services to few destinations:

Thanks for this. Quite an interesting airline.

I have also found out that the Memphis DC-9 is sat at Cairo without engines probably waiting for scrapping.

I may need to have a little weekend away and do the sights in Cairo!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.