Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
23,849 Posts
Nothing spectacular or noteworthy, definitely shouldn't be the city's main landmark. It's just a scaled up neighborhood mosque and the design is far too similar to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque in the UAE. I can tell from the link that they've already started construction on it, so I assume this is the final design.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I'm curious to know what you guys think about "the biggest X"?

I mean they plan on building the biggest everything. Mosque and Church to Hospital. Why? Wouldn't it be smarter to build a bunch of smaller Hospitals, one for each district?

I mean the biggest Airport and park make sense but biggest Mosque or Church doesn't. I can imagine Sunday / Friday traffic after prayers :nuts:

The design looks cool though. Very Arabian like. They should consider underground parking. The parking looks like shit.

·
23,849 Posts
I'm curious to know what you guys think about "the biggest X"?

I mean they plan on building the biggest everything. Mosque and Church to Hospital. Why? Wouldn't it be smarter to build a bunch of smaller Hospitals, one for each district?

I mean the biggest Airport and park make sense but biggest Mosque or Church doesn't. I can imagine Sunday / Friday traffic after prayers :nuts:

The design looks cool though. Very Arabian like. They should consider underground parking. The parking looks like shit.
Making the largest [insert religious temple] is usually just for bragging rights. Having several mosques or churches that serve local communities is far more reasonable. This thing is never going to compete with the grandeur of the Mohammed Ali Mosque or the historic allure of any of the beautiful medieval mosques in Cairo. Building a soulless "landmark" mosque is not one of the things I want the government to spend money on, and I genuinely hope the direction of this project isn't to build a bunch of white elephants.

·
Registered
268 Posts
General Hassan Abdel Shafy –Manager of the Military Engineers Department performed Friday Prayer in El Fatah El Aleem Mosque which executed by the Engineering Authority for the Military Forces.
The worshipers began to recite verses from the Holy Quran delivered by Sheikh Sameh Al-Rizqi. The congregation listened to the sermon delivered by Sheikh Ali Al-Mutai'i – Imam of the Arab Contractors Club's Mosque where he discussed the creation of positive as a behavior as a great asset of Islam. Besides, the responsibility for his religion, homeland; contribute to its construction and stability; progress in work and to be a positive active member. Also addressed the difference between positive and negative, noting that the positive means constructive and negative means demolition. Major General Hassan Abdel Shafy delivered a speech after the end of the prayer on the subject of the speech and stressed the need for everyone to be positive in his work and in his life. He urged the workers to strive until the end of the project to become the largest mosque in Egypt. Eng. Mofida Allam was the first woman to pray in the mosque.

That's a good sign :)

source: http://www.arabcont.com/english/News/Release-2018-1208.aspx

1 - 20 of 33 Posts