Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 314 Posts

·
Aerial Erector
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a tall blue crane being errected on site in the last few days, I think we can now offically start a construction thread.

Developer - Barratt homes. Architect - Halpern

Discription - Three Resisdental towers, two of 22 storeys and one of 25. Reaching a maximum height of 67m, 67m and 76m Respectfully.

I will be getting images of construction as things commence, for those not sure where they will be, there location is slightly north and east of Ontario tower next to the DLR

·
Registered
491 Posts
JDRS said:
They look like council blocks with a slightly modern touch

yeah they may as well re glad those pieces of crap 70s eye bleeding eye sores.

they look the same

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
I actually quite like them, they arent that bad. an OK size, and although they do resemble 60's blocks abit they are nice and modern, and they have quite a good use of glass

·
Registered
24,354 Posts
wjfox2002 said:
These will add some density to that part of the Docklands I suppose, but the designs are so incredibly bland and uninspiring
To be honest I think the development in front of the DLR is incredibly bland - considering it's location it should have been so much more than a kitschy Barrat Home-esque collection of townhouses. A real disappointment to the area I feel.

Richard Rogers did a fabulous matserplan for this area which took into account the curve of the river, once again something architecturally fantastic ditched for a quick buck.

·
35,227 Posts
barratt home esque... the developer is barratt. anyone go to the launch a few days ago? think these will be fine tbh. if people want to live in them let them... and they do bulk up this area a lot with ontario tower and blackwall yard just over the way.

·
BLAND
8,868 Posts
There does seem to be some glass walling in that first render, which makes them (to me) more Florida than Peckham, although I would settle for the best Benidorm can offer! At least they will add 'distant view' bulking for that part of docklands. More residents too, so the fuel for more development?

·
BLAND
8,868 Posts
Whats Victoria Quays?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
A great chance wasted, and so with that they become slightly irrelivent to the overall picture and make up of Docklands. At least they aren't too attention grabbing and so if they turn out to be crap at least the impact wont be too huge

·
Registered
586 Posts
The design looks fine, but surely it rests on the materials and detailing. I'm amazed how people can forge such strong opinions from these renders.

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,352 Posts
I think they are fine, not too imposing and modern. Its just that you've become so adjusted to state of the art developments in London you expect minor smaller ones to become state of the art too :)

I reckon it'll complement Ontario more, and you can see the boxy resemblence with the Docklands architecture.
I rode past this and Ontario this evening through Canary Wharf. For Elektron Towers they've got a crane erected pretty tall. Ontario main DOKA is progressing high with the smaller one has stopped. I assume this is where the diagonal will begin. Pan Peninsula are excavating alot of land, and the millharbour development adjacent to the Peninsula, there is some kind of actvity there. Oh and externals are completed with Hilton :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think they're brillaint. A perfect design to create a neighbourhood atmoshpere, which is much in demand. Once Wood Wharf is complete, it will naturally conform to the surroundings.

1 - 20 of 314 Posts