SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have already started living in high-density condominiums e.g 40 units+ per floor, how is the lift usage affecting you?

For instance, at SMDC Jazz Tower B where per floor has more than 40 units with 6 lifts. How many minutes is the waiting time during rush hours. Does the lift stop sometimes at every floor?

SMDC's Air Residence shall have 74 units per floor at 51 levels of residential units and with only 12 lifts, i'm curious how it will be.

Can you share your experiences please?

TIA.

·
7,884 Posts
Elevator madness! The joys of living (and even working) in a high rise. I cannot imagine living in a high density, high occupancy building because of it. It maybe okay in the beginning. But as the building ages, there will be maintenance.

In Vancouver I lived in a 34 storey building, 26th floor. The building has 224 units but only two elevators. Sometimes it takes 15 minutes to go up or down. And this in the 3rd most livable city in the world. Use your imagination in an SMDC condo... ;)

Reactions: starchild12

·
Foodie
1,692 Posts
More than 40 units each floor? How is that possible? That's crazy! I've been here in Bahrain for a year and I live in a tower with only 5 units per floor with three lifts. My longest wait was two minutes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The number of units per elevator in the typical high rise residential building in the Phils amazes me. I live in NYC in an average condo building where we have 2 elevators serving 75 units (or 37.5 units per elevator). We purchased a condo in Makati (an Alveo product where one would think the elevator situation might be a little better) where 3 elevators will serve some 530 units (14 units per floor across 38 residential floors)! By the way, the 3 elevators I mentioned includes the service elevator/lift.

·
7,884 Posts
You know the sheer density of these residential buildings being built is a major incident waiting to happen. Remember, unlike commercial buildings where workers have to adhere to strict company rules, residential buildings have a diverse group of people that maybe careless. So say in an office, there is no cooking with an open flame allowed in the office kitchen, try enforcing that in an individual condominium unit. All it takes is one careless resident to cause a major fire and the disaster would make the Ruby Tower collapse look like a cake walk...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts