Votes: 0 0.0%

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ampersands & What
7,295 Posts
That was three weeks ago now. Incredibly lucky with the weather. Unfortunately I arrived just after the observation level had closed.

The mountains were looking beautiful with that blue sky. Certainly wouldn't want to go trekking across the Cairngorms on a windy day. I've hiked across the Brecon Beacons on a day with gale force winds in October. The group behind mine had to be rescued by helicopter of the top of a ridge! Not something I'd like to do again, and those are only half as high as the Cairngorms.

·
Ampersands & What
7,295 Posts
I had a look through, seems this is the closest I got to the new bridge. It didn't even register with me at the time. I don't think it's open, as you can see there's a digger still on site.

Elgin Cathedral Church Yard by corerising, on Flickr

I parked over by the cathedral and then walked into the town centre. The Greek revival church actually impressed me more than the old cathedral did.

Elgin St Giles Church by corerising, on Flickr

I think if I were to go to the Cairngorms camping it would be to do some astro-photography. I don't have the equipment for that yet, but it's a long term goal.

I've been going up to Turriff in Aberdeenshire since I was born. This last trip I was showing around my wife who had never been up there before. Her first time in Scotland in fact. We stayed up in the North East corner, around Fraserburgh, Huntly, Dufftown, Macduff, Cullen and Bucky. The trip to the Glenfiddich distillery wen't down particularly well. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts