Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2172 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As already prompted by someone else, I think this deserves it’s own thread, credit to the guys for the photos:

Pics not great but I had to snap when there was an opportunity.
Do give a reasonable impression, I hope, large tower, in my opinion, looks great with its bronzed aluminium stripes!

These models were posted on Simpson-Haugh’s Instagram story.

Lovely stuff, my new favourite Manc scraper.

Not offering anything other than what Jabez has already kindly posted, but here we go anyway. The cladding is anodised copper, so similar to One Angel Gardens - which makes me very excited indeed.

Planning app due February with a summer start anticipated

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Just in awe. I keep looking at it :lol:

YES RENAKER!!!!!

Hats off, they get it right every time. (with their newer projects anyway) They are quality developers and always deliver on expectations. Wonderful tower and wonderful company to have in our city. They are responsible for changing the face of Manchester, really making it a 21st century modern international city.

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
I really like this building. I particularly like how the design acknowledges Chester Road despite the fact that it's currently a rather peripheral and isolated stretch of road. I was concerned that the Renaker developments around Crown Street would be rather inward facing so this is pleasantly surprising.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Almost slipping under the SSC radar is planning application, 118204/FO/20117 -
http://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online-...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=OZGU4EBC0E700

This is for the erection of a single storey electrical substation at Silvercroft Street, which is needed, according to the accompanying Justification Statement - "to facilitate the proposed Crown Street redevelopment as shown in the Great Jackson Street Framework.
..........The intention is therefore to relocate the electrical substation and the associated underground cables to a new location which can be incorporated into the design of the main development which will be brought forward as part of the impending Crown Street phase 1 planning application."

The Design & Access Statement, which is all of 2 pageslong, has been drawn up by Simpson Haugh, confirms:-
"...... The substation will replace an existing substation currently located on Silvercroft Street. The replacementof this substation is necessary to enable the wider Crown Street – Phase 1development, an application for which will be submitted in Q1 2018.
Given that this application was only validated on Friday, 15th December 2017 & the Approval notice was issued on Friday, 9th February 2018, it would appear that Crown Street will be commencing at an early date in 2018.
Indeed that Simpson Haugh state the app will be submitted in Q1 ( less than 3 weeks of which remain), it would indicate that the application is already with MCC, undergoing validation.

Finally, a small titbit, for construction anoraks: it is revealed in the "Phase I Desk Study and Preliminary Contaminated Land Risk Assessment" document that:-
"......It is understood that the proposed construction will be achieved by removal of the all of the made ground/drift material across the entire site down to, and into, competent bedrock with foundations formed directly onto the bedrock. "

Another 52 storeyer by 2020?

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Planning app is online! 152.6m 185.6m AOD

119806/FO/2018 | Erection of two tall buildings (51 storeys and 21 storeys) comprising 664no residential units (use class C3) and commercial space (A1, A3 or D1), provision of two levels of basement parking, alterations to surface level car park, landscaping, highway alterations, access and associated works. | Land Bounded By Chester Road, Mancunian Way And Former Bridgewater Canal Offices Manchester

1 - 20 of 2172 Posts