Construction Photos 13th July 2014

Untitled by inckamail, on Flickr

More photos etc in the Nine Elms London thread - this project is so big it deserved it's own thread though, especially now Phase 1 is well under construction.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love the brickwork in the first pic from Union Man. Pity the whole ensemble couldn't achieve that quality.
I kind of agree with you; I think the beauty of Embassy Gardens is the variety of style and height; but you're right, I love that brickwork as well, it is a pity they didn't use that one on the tallest building; instead the picked the dodgy red brickwork and the 'not so sure' grey one.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
I immediately (mentally) answered "the foreground one can't be, I was on the Reading lines and that train's clearly on the BML/SWML side, but I suppose the background one could be", which has me thinking maybe I should take up ballroom dancing or spanish lessons or something.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Love the 'terracotta' speckled brickwork but a pity they could not have introduced a little ornament as seen in KX. The recessed windows help to accentuate the structure. Looking good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Embassy Gardens is probably my second favourite development in the Nine Elms area (after Battersea Power Station); and what I like about it, it's that they're trying to do something different to what London is used to; I love the variety of styles and colours and still keeping a lot of symmetry among them.

Now that Phase 1 is well under way, I wanted to see what they have planned for Phase 2 (which according to their website is due to be released in 2014 ) and found some images that gives an idea of what the next phase is all about. All the images below are from the Wandsworth planning application website.

So the next release is for buildings A03 to A05; just south of the US Embassy
Embassy Gardens Phase 2 by thenewsouthbank, on Flickr

I really like the open swimming pool; but I wouldn't want to pay services charges to heat it during winter.
Embassy Gardens Phase 2 View by thenewsouthbank, on Flickr

Embassy Gardens Phase 2 Swimming pool by thenewsouthbank, on Flickr

So, similar to Phase 1, they have added a a variety of styles and definitely colours in the design, keeping brick and glass for the external appearance
Embassy Gardens Phase 2 from Linear Park by thenewsouthbank, on Flickr

Embassy Gardens Phase 2 from the railway lines by thenewsouthbank, on Flickr

·
Registered
16,736 Posts
I am very much enjoying watching this area develop, it's a model for urban development and exactly what the brownfield land in our other cities should be doing.

Interestingly, a friend of mine (big fan of architecture) absolutely hates it.

·
South East Nine
39,883 Posts
I am very much enjoying watching this area develop, it's a model for urban development and exactly what the brownfield land in our other cities should be doing.

Interestingly, a friend of mine (big fan of architecture) absolutely hates it.
He hates Embassy Gardens specifically, or Nine Elms as a whole?

1 - 20 of 541 Posts