SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
641 - 646 of 646 Posts

· Trivandrum Lobbyist
7,899 Posts
What is wrong in getting more state funds for the its capital city.
Well Rajesh, you forget that Kerala has the unique distinction of having multiple "capital" cities, of various hues and tones. I suppose the true capital should be flattered that so many others are desperate to insert that word into their descriptors. :)

· Registered
3,942 Posts
What is wrong in getting more state funds for the its capital city.
Chennai gets more in TN budget.
Bangaluru gets more in Karnataka Budget.
Is Coventry /Birmingham gets more than London Metropolis.
But in Kerala it is the other way around.Please look at the Proposals from Govt. of India for the last couple of days.But they will still say thay the revenue is being generated from private sector.

Look at this EK. Why all the govt. Machinery have bee moved to another city for 3 days for EK funfair neglecting all the grievances of the entire state.
Why this govt. Is always sidelining the capital city.
Look in 4 months time Pravaasi bharathiya divas celebration is coming in Another city in the state and I am telling you these pranchiyettans will be the major attractions there also.

Oommen chandy must be happy as he could organise cabinet meeting out of Tvm at least for 3 days.
Look at Chennai ,How much Chennai contribute to state economy..
Look at Bangalore,How much Bangalore contribute to state economy...
Look at Mumbai..Kolkata,,Hyderabad etc.

Now Look at TVM,How much it contribute to state economy...
Look at Cochin ,How much it contribute to Kerala...

· Registered
7,544 Posts
Look at Chennai ,How much Chennai contribute to state economy..
Look at Bangalore,How much Bangalore contribute to state economy...
Look at Mumbai..Kolkata,,Hyderabad etc.

Now Look at TVM,How much it contribute to state economy...
Look at Cochin ,How much it contribute to Kerala...
Read my post once more and all your questions will be answered including how they contribute to the economy. It is aleays two way.I think you got it.:)

· Registered
3,942 Posts
Well Rajesh, you forget that Kerala has the unique distinction of having multiple "capital" cities, of various hues and tones. I suppose the true capital should be flattered that so many others are desperate to insert that word into their descriptors. :)
Every one knows who is desperate to insert the word and who dragged the % comparison of what went to Capital to this thread...State Capital status may bring consulates and Govt institutions..but not private investors..
Also every one knows former UN officials and power full state planning board members are not enough to bring private investors..
Then why are you worried..you have twin city status and cultural events..proposals for british trade centres...Capital key Jay !!!

· Registered
890 Posts
Time to stop all these nonsense.No other state might be having so much of intra state rivalry and animosity.Someone who doesn't know the facts about kerala come across this forum might mislead into believing that we are fighting for California,LA,Chicago and NY.Let development come to Kerala,let it be in Wayanad or Idukki.WTF,fighting over petty issues like this city is neglected,this project moved elsewhere.And fighting over Emerging kerala,the result in which all our hopes have been submerged.Projects like Refinary expansion etc already was in the pipeline,Oc and team signed it in EK just to inflate the figures.All other projects except for a selected few are clearly a well planned fabrication.Disappointing EK for entire kerala

641 - 646 of 646 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.