SkyscraperCity banner

261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
it s actually 40% now...Abyi changed it.

still high. right
Wait what? please elaborate sir. If a car costs $10,000 in the US then how much will be in Addis?

It used to be 35% tax, 15% vat, 10% sur tax, 3% witholding plus anywhere between 35% to 100% excise tax depending on the number of cylinders of the car. Did something change?

AddisTadesse, that Audi R8 is a dream car especially the Spyder version :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Idealist. You might have bout the car for $10,000 as a result of a discounted price. In fact, you might even have paid less because you purchased at an auction. Ethiopian customes, however, will not care what you paid for the car and the will instead tax you based on the car's blue book value which is usually much higher than what you actually paid for the car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Let's say a car worth $10,000 MSRP (out of factory). How is the custom different under Abiy's administration?

I remember there was a discount where if the year of the model was a year old, two years old or three and more years old then you will get 10%, 20% or 30% discount respectively. So if you buy a car made in 2016 or 2010, custom will charge you the same amount of tax.

so i don't know where Solomon's 40% coming from in relation to previous administration.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I am liking this building ... do we know who the architects are?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts

It looks almost exactly like the render. The only thing missing is the Porsche.

It looks better than the rendering, on the rendering, i did not like the circles that appear on the cubical structures in the corners of the building, and the rendering also looks like they would use some plasticky cheap cladding on the building, I am happy the actual building is using cladding that looks like Ambo Dingay, (I think it is Ambo Dingay or granite). :cheers:

·
Surprisingly optimistic!
12,420 Posts
This must be a first-- a building that looks better than the rendering! I would've guessed the building would be clad in cheap porcelain or, even worse, plexiglass panels, but instead we've been treated to what looks like solid sandstone.

P.S.: That's not a Porsche, that's an Audi R8! A general showing off his car collection, maybe?

·
4,162 Posts

Russian Pantsir-S1 anti-aircraft defense systems spotted in Ethiopia

Mar 17, 2019
The Ethiopian National Defense Force (ENDF) is operating at least one Russian-made Pantsir-S1 anti-aircraft defense systems, footage released on a national TV has confirmed.

Russia’s main arms exporter Rosoboron export declined to comment when asked about the Pantsir-S1′ delivery to Ethiopia.

People familiar with the talks said that Ethiopia ordered some number of modern and upgraded air defense systems and radars in Russia and Ukraine to increase the capability of its Armed Forces.

The footage aired on national TV showed the recently received Pantsir-S1 air defense missile/gun system that is designed for air defense of small military, administrative and industrial installations and areas against enemy aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles and precision-guided weapons.

read the rest @Defence Blog

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Nice post Yosef. Plus that digitized uniform of the military looks pretty nice.

By the way, the proper name for the Ethiopian military is ENDF (Ethiopian National Defense Forces).

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have got this article from france ministry of defense website:
"On October 3, a Mirage 2000-5 and a Casa CN 235 of the BA 188 of the French forces stationed in Djibouti (FFDj) landed at Dire Dawa airport, the second largest city in Ethiopia, located in eastern country and close to the Djiboutian border.

The arrival of these aircraft, including this Mirage 2000-5 from the 3/11 Corsican fighter squadron , further materializes the growing cooperation between the FFDj and the Ethiopian armed forces. Colonel Richou, defense attaché to the French embassy in Ethiopia, as well as several Ethiopian Air Force authorities were present to attend this event.

For several months, the FFDj, and more particularly the BA 188, have been multiplying the organization of operational training detachments in various fields. French forces are also at the heart of a project to support the transformation of the Ethiopian Air Force.

Bilateral military cooperation has been strengthened between Ethiopia and France following the signing of several important agreements during President Emmanuel Macron's visit to Ethiopia in March 2019.''

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ground force of Ethiopia in near by Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam
Russian made assets look new. Not sure why they are carrying their radio on their chest-pocket tho. :) Not sure also why their uniform is green - their surrounding looks desert: the boys & girls look newly planted palm tree:). Et defence force should also include a uniform for desert. I can not distinguish also the high ranking officers - their uniform looks the same & you have to squint your eyes to see the gold coin on their hat.:)

Respect & glory to our defence forces !

261 - 280 of 299 Posts