Hartlepool United - Victoria Park, 7,629

Port Vale - Vale Park, 22,546

Rotherham United - Millmoor Ground, 11,158

Chesterfield - Saltergate, 8,880

Colchester United - Layer Road Ground, 6,200

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Nottingham Forest what the **** are they doing in League 1 it is a ccomplete and utter joke how the **** they went from European Champions 1979, 1980 to this is a joke. I've only been to one of those grounds and that is Gillingham small ground and the away was stafolding really poor, the area don't look the best in the world it has to be said and the train station which is close is dirty and soggy. By the way I thought it nmight be a good idea to up date the Bradford picture.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 said:
Nottingham Forest what the **** are they doing in League 1 it is a ccomplete and utter joke how the **** they went from European Champions 1979, 1980 to this is a joke. I've only been to one of those grounds and that is Gillingham small ground and the away was stafolding really poor, the area don't look the best in the world it has to be said and the train station which is close is dirty and soggy. By the way I thought it nmight be a good idea to up date the Bradford picture.

Thanks. I thought the Bradford pic was old. Not sure about the Dons one either but since it doesn't exist yet I suppose it shouldn't matter too much

·
Tax avoider
24,164 Posts
bubomb said:
Is Bradfords stadium also used for rugby, or do they have their own ground?
The Bradford Bulls rugby league team play at Odsal Stadium, which is basically a big hole in the ground at the end of the M606. A few years ago they moved out and shared Valley Parade with City so that a massive redevelopment of Odsal could take place... but it didn't - instead a few changes were made to meet safety requirements and the Bulls moved back in 2003.

·
Banned
2,337 Posts
th0m said:
Some pretty large stadiums for 3rd division. Why is it that the second deck of Bradford Stadium stops at about 2/3 of the field? It looks a bit strange.
Yeh, Bradford had plans to complete the whole stadium if they survived in the Premiership a few years ago, they didnt splashed all thier money went into liquidation and ended up with a hlaf finished staidum

·
Tax avoider
24,164 Posts
th0m said:
Some pretty large stadiums for 3rd division.
That's because some weren't always in the third flight - Nottingham Forest, Barnsley, Bradford City and Swindon have all been in the Premier League in the 1990s or more recently...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yes, it does seem strange that Notts Forest have allowed themselves to slip so far down the tiers of the football league. Then again nobody has the divine right to be a premiership club, you got to put in the hard work to climb up that greasy pole to the upper echelons of footballs elite. And if your punching above your weight you all too easily slip right back down, as a latics supporter I can all but testify to that. We had our glory years in the very early 90's, but when your not bankrolled, it can be very hard to sustain your position of being amongst the creme de la creme of ball kickers.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vertigosufferer said:
Yes, it does seem strange that Notts Forest have allowed themselves to slip so far down the tiers of the football league. Then again nobody has the divine right to be a premiership club, you got to put in the hard work to climb up that greasy pole to the upper echelons of footballs elite. And if your punching above your weight you all too easily slip right back down, as a latics supporter I can all but testify to that. We had our glory years in the very early 90's, but when your not bankrolled, it can be very hard to sustain your position of being amongst the creme de la creme of ball kickers.
Too true. It took Wolves 19 years to get back into the top division. And then they only lasted for the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
It will be, but Milton Keynes doesnt care, its just another scheme to help their ambition of becoming a city on a par with the other large South East ones (Southampton, Portsmouth, Brighton&Hove...)

·
...notts bantam
191 Posts
The reason the main stand at bradford doesn't extend all the way across the pitch is because there's a road cutting into the corner of that side of the ground. The former chairman Geoffrey Richmond once had long term plans to get the road moved and extend it along the pitch but unfortunately we went tits-up and I doubt anything more will happen at Valley Parade for a very long time.

·
Registered
12,656 Posts
CorliCorso said:
And here's hoping it's a great big White Elephant :nono:
Agreed. Let's hope that AFC Wimbledon eventually take their league place. What happened to the old Wimbledon FC was a disgrace and few things would give me greater pleasure than to see MK Dons fail and AFC Wimbledon flourish.

·
Registered
12,656 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Walsall (Bescott stadium) picture is out of date. They added another tier at one end.

And Doncaster will move into a new 15,000 seat stadium in the summer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts