Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people!

Maybe an unknow city for you, but in the eastern part of The Netherlans is located Enschede. The city is well known because off the firework disaster in 2000. Still a black page in the history of the city. The city counts 153.000 inhabitants

Anyway, lets talk about the project. "Het Muziekkwartier" went U/C back last year summer. Het Muziekkwartier is located in the center of Enschede, what will be completely be renovated. This section is also calt "the Eastern railwayzone". The architects are: Ector Hoogstad (http://www.ectorhoogstad.com/)

This is how it going to look like in a few years: (Het Muziekkwartier is the building with the green roof)

The building will contain:

* Het conservatorium van Enschede. A music academy (already excisting in Enschede and will be conected with : het muziekkwartier" by a bridge made of glass.
* The city's biggest Theather
* A music pub. Live music etc...
* An opera
* A discotheek with 3 different stages.
* And some other music related things.

The totall cost where caculated on 45.000.000 euro, but already went up to €90.000.000

Oke, time for some images:

And a live webcam:

The other development in the area is calt: Willem Wilminkplein. It's a big square with some beautiful design. The square is directly next to "Het muziekkwartier", as you can see in the background. This section will be finished in 2012. It contains a new city library and a 3 star hotel. Here a some renders:

How it all started:

Latest update:

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The highrise in the render are an other project. Het Muziekkwartier is next to central station.

On the photo you have taken, you see the HTS-tower. In my opinion a beautiful building! Thats on the other site of the city center.

It's almost completed:

Remember the city only counts 153.000 inhabitants ;)

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New update:

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's going fast in Enschede:
- Hts tower (100m) almost at his highest point.
- Dish Hotel (best western), 120m, probably will start building this year.
- Zuiderval
- Roombeek
- Muziekkwartier^
- Scholingsboulevard

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^

put some examples with it, otherwise people don't know where you are talking about ;)

·
From Holland with love
5,270 Posts
Very nice developments for Enschede with some high buildings as well (high for a Dutch city of 150.000 people). :) Enschede can use a few cool projects and buildings in the city center, because it's not one of the most beautiful city centers in The Netherlands in my opinion (I've visited Enschede about 4 times, I've got some friends over there).

But anyway: nice development. I've heard that there was a lot of controversy about the 'high' buildings, NIMBY's and stuff. I hope this is over now.

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, nimby's aren't the problem at all. The problem is the nearby airport. Because there are some radar's of the dutch defense, and the story goes that buildings higher than 50 meters, put grey spots on the radar. Thats a big problem, and there is even a map, that discribes where highrise is oke, and where not...

Hopely there will be more info soon.

·
From Holland with love
5,270 Posts
No, nimby's aren't the problem at all. The problem is the nearby airport. Because there are some radar's of the dutch defense, and the story goes that buildings higher than 50 meters, put grey spots on the radar. Thats a big problem, and there is even a map, that discribes where highrise is oke, and where not...

Hopely there will be more info soon.
Ok, thanks for the explaination. I thought it were the always-present nimby's who were teasing the skyscraperlovers in Enschede. :)

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, not at all. The HTS Tower went U/C without even 1 complain!

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New update! It begins to look like a big building!

#1 The Train from Enschede (the netherlands) to Dortmund (Germany)

#3 Work-break.

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update of my side:

·
Enschede goes high 8)
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
long time no update, so here are the last update pictures. I hope you like it!

Working on the copper roof

New updates will folow soon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts