SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently made a Ayers Rock vs. Stone Mountain thread in the City vs. City (go check it out). In searching for Stone Mountain pictures, I found this (pretty good) panorama from the top of the mountain that shows the ENTIRE Atlanta skyline. Enjoy . . . :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, they really zoomed-in to take those snaps. That panorama only represents about 120-degrees of the entire view from Stone Mountain. I believe the Hartsfield-Jackson Int'l Airport would be just off the left edge of that picture. The two white dots on shot #7 are the King/Queen, and I believe the right edge is the central Gwinnett area.

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Don't you mean Kennesaw? ;)

Actually, I was thinking the one on the far right is Lookout Mountain. Does that sound reasonable?

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
I've been to Atlanta a few times and know a bit about the city, so I've got to tell you, I'm confused.

I see three skylines on the pano (and a great pano it is). Downtown is to the left and Midtown in the middle. What's to the right? It seems way too close to be Buckhead....right? Or is it just an extension of Midtown? Are distances contorted by the angle?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Whatever towers are in between Midtown and the King and Queen towers I'd say are in Buckhead. You would think Buckhead would stand out more though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
MattSal said:
^Don't you mean Kennesaw? ;)

Actually, I was thinking the one on the far right is Lookout Mountain. Does that sound reasonable?
there's no way the other one is Lookout Mountain, thats about 2 hrs away, more than 100 miles at least. Its probably just some foothill, the beginning of the Appalachians.

Mattsal, where do you live? If its not Atlanta, then why are you so interested in it?

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@nakedyak: :tongue3: No, I don't live in Atlanta. I live in Augusta. However, I was born in Lithia Springs, and for all intents and purposes my soul still lives in Atlanta. When I go to GA Tech, then I will finally return there. :)

@James: Yeah, I didn't really think about that one. But one of them is definitely Kennesaw Mountain.

And my fever just keeps on rising . . .

I'll stop now, before I get brigged.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
@ the first pic; sprawl s-sprawl sssprawl!!!

-

1 - 19 of 19 Posts