SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Epitome of Enterprise
Erode - City of Entrepreneurs
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi friends, Bhavani Kooduthurai is in the Northern periphery of Erode City, where River Bhavani joins with River Cauvery. Cauvery Riverfront Corridor with Recreation development and Road is proposed from Bhavani to Lakkapuram Parisalthurai which goes in the Western banks of Cauvery River in Erode.

Can update this thread about the happenings in Bhavani Kooduthurai and the Cauvery Riverfront project developments from Bhavani to Lakkapuram.

·
Epitome of Enterprise
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Bhavani, a major Urban settlement in the northern periphery of Erode located about 12kms from the heart of Erode City. Kooduthurai Sangamam is formed by the confluence of the Rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, along with the invisible Amudha river. Erode, the Turmeric City, commonly called as the Textile City or Loom City. Whereas the Bhavani area specifically draws its name with Carpet weaving, hence called "The Carpet City".
Bhavani is also known by the other names like Triveni Sangamam of South, Dakshina Prayag, Mukkoodal and Tirunana.

Cauvery Riverfront corridor
The Riverfront corridor along the western banks of Kaveri and can go all the way from Bhavani Kooduthurai to Lakkapuram Parisalthurai in the south of Erode. Kooduthurai-Mangalathurai-BPAgraharam Barrage-Vairapalayam-Karungalpalayam-Vendipalayam Barrage-Lakkapuram Parisalthurai-Nattadreeswarar Temple Island.

This can be established as a Tourism Heritage Corridor by enhancing with more recreation places along the riverbanks.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Cool man. Actually Bhavani is my native town and I lived here until 9 years old before I moved to Chennai.
Thanks Senthil for starting this thread.
And one more thing since in 2011 census its population is counted with Erode UA it is a part of Erode.

True climate is better and beautifully surrounded by water on three sides.

·
21,792 Posts
^^

There is a hill north of Bhavani town with Murugan temple. From there one can get spectucular view of Cauvery with Bhavani and Kumarapalayam towns in the two banks.. Also green parts of both the towns. We miss such views in the form of photos...

The river never have a dry look from Mettur to Bhavani town because of no. of barrages built across the down stream of the dam. Also Bhavani is one of the few river in TN which have flow throughout the year.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Yes I remember early 1970's when I lived there the flow in Bhavani never comes down even when cauvery flow is low. If I am correct Kumarapalayam is much bigger because of great guys like SSM and JKK groups. In those days they used to have big plymouth cars and when the come to Bhavani people will go to see their cars.

I still remember during 1977 elections the first victory for ADMK(MGR) candidate was the Bhavani guy named Soundararajan.
MGR visited for a meeting and at the end of the meeting he drank half soda and left the rest and as soon as he left that place there was a big rush for that soda and one guy got a great idea he poured the remaining into a big vessel full of water and later everyone drank that water such was the love for MGR during those days in Bhavani.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Interesting Facts on Kalingarayan Dam,

1)Built on 1283 , 728 years before
2)Links Bhanavni & Noyyal River
3)Length of canal was around 90 KM
4)Canal runs tp the east of Erode city
5)Canal is not straight anywhere

·
Epitome of Enterprise
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bridges

Twin Bridges on NH-47 across the Confluence

Bridge connecting Bhavani-Komarapalayam Bus Stations

Old Bridge connecting Kooduthurai and Komarapalayam BS

Entry to the Old Bridge

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Great pics.
I remember the days I watched lot of movies(Sivaji and MGR) in Royal and Mohan theatures in Bhavani and sometime we go to Koma. for some new movies.

I remember first time the movie Bobbie(hindi) was running successfully in Erode and Gobi was later released and ran well in Bhavani during 1975 I think.

Couple of my relatives from Erode are here in US but they dont want to invest in Erode or Bhavani but they are all investing in CBE now.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts