SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a crappy rendering:
http://www.metrolehti.fi/content/acrobat/helsinki/FIHEL_20060426_A_metro.pdf

So anyhow, Keilaniemi (the home of powerhouse companies such as Nokia, Fortum, Kone), Espoo is fairly likely going to get a new 26-storey tower. The building would be more than 100 meters tall. Heikki Levo, a bigwig of sorts from the construction company Hartela says that since space is very scarce in Keilaniemi, we might actually see even more high-rise buildings there in the future. The other option would be to halt all development in the area right now. The city of Espoo is backing the plan as they feel that Keilaniemi needs a new addition to its skyline. The department of city planning of Espoo will consider the plans today.

Just as a side note, there has been a lot of activity in Keilaniemi recently, and several office parks have been planned there (some U/C), so I'm pretty optimistic about this one. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
On the other hand I'm glad that more highrises gets built, but at the same time I'm somewhat disapointed how precious floor space is "wasted" across the Helsinki region in distant suburbs ie. Aviapolis, HTC-Keilaniemi and now this. When you should instead build all of them in the same area, stacked on each other, preferably Pasila. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
That will look great with Fortum headquaters and Kone building. Keilaniemi skyline will be one of the best in Finland after this tower, and even better if they will construct more highrises there. Construction should start on next year, so it should be finished after few years.
Keilaniemi area nowadays. Talles building is 84m at this moment:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oberleutnant found some great new renderings! (source) You can also see Fortum II building on these renders.

It looks amazing. This is one of most interesting projects in Finland IMO. :drool: :eek:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Looks nice, but I still hate Keilaniemi. Just imagine if all the floorspace of Keilaniemi had been/was built in 5-10 towers in Pasila/Böle.. .
(No I won't drop it :) )

·
NWO Henchman
1,018 Posts
I just got back from a discussion over the new 1000m tower proposals in Baharin, but for S&B, this is bigger news than a 1km tower is for the world. Great news! :banana:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hot damn! That looks so good I´m about to ..ckin wet myself! So it´s not just going to be the tallest in Finland, it´s also a double tower with a sweet midrise right next to the main tower! Can´t believe it...

·
Nihongo Luvr
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't hold your breath, we still have to wait for "the NIMBYs strike back" -part. Let's keep our fingers crossed, Keilaniemi is one of the few places where a proposal like this could actually go through.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts