SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In today's announcement Hyperloop One released 8 potential lines (out of 35 global lines) for Europe's hyperloop vision.

Current European lines could be:
Corsica-Sardinia 451 km
Estonia-Finland 90 km
Germany 1991 km
Poland 415 km;
Spain-Morocco 629 km;
Netherlands 428 km;
UK north-south 666 km;
UK northern 545 km;
UK/Scotland-Wales 1060 km.

Whats makes it intriguing is that Gulf of Finland line would be shortest and potentially one of cheapest. Overall Tallinn-Helsinki hyperloop could potentially be part of circle line connecting Nordic & Baltic capitals and would circle around entire Baltic sea.

More here: https://hyperloop-one.com/blog/hyperloop-could-be-europes-new-unifying-force

·
Registered
699 Posts
Tjah, ulme minu arust. Ma eelistaks päris ulmekirjandust, näide Kellermani Tunnelist :

From the Azores Strom drove.He changed at once into full power and the speed sign rose to 295 miles an hour.The engineers became restless, but Strom, who may have lost his hair in the hot galleries, had kept his nerves and did not allow anyone to interfere. "It would be a shame if we arrive late," he said.

The train flew so fast that it seemed to be standing still ; the lights passed by like sparks.

Finisterre!

It was night again in New York. The hotels were filled. Enthusiasm
raged as the telegram told of the extraordinary
speed. The betting became mad.

Allan drove for the last fifty miles. He had not slept for twenty-five
hours, but the excitement kept him up. He looked pale and exhausted, absorbed rather than elated :many things passed through his head.

In a few
minutes they would arrive !
The signal lamps
dashed past, the train flew -----

Suddenly their eyes were dazzled by glaring light.The day broke in. Allan stopped .
They had arrived Europe twelve minutes late .

·
Registered
745 Posts
Kõlab ägedalt aga mina eelistaksin "vanakooli raudteed". Sest kui raudtee Tallinna ja Helsingi vahel valmis tehtaks, oleks see maailma pikim merealune raudteetunnel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hmm, if it proves to work, then I wish they could build one tube from Võru to Tallinn as well, so I could get to my girl fast and cheap. :tongue3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts