SkyscraperCity banner

?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Believe it or not, this was completed only weeks ago.
Just curious to hear peoples views on this disgrace in urban planning.

·
actual gherkin
13,931 Posts
Thanks for choosing the worst hotel in Birmingham for a 'rate-a-scraper' I hope it's a joke or just a dig? 1/10... but i struggle to see where the 1 came from...

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not a dig at Brum. I know very well that the Brummies condemn this building. This is just the worst newbuild I have ever seen since I joined this forum though...

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
Show them the pictures of the "back".

It's one saving grace is the fact it's not that massive, and imposing over the skyline.

It's terrible.

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
I'll give it 2 because it had scope to be much much worse, and the workmanship is actually quite good...

·
Disco and drugs trade
15,947 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Without rubbing salt in the wounds, Etap also has plans for Leeds, in a pretty damn nice tower, although it was built speculatively. Etap seems to be targetting the UK - good thing is it's only £32 per night. Atleast if you stay in it you get to look out of it not at it! http://www.thegatewayleeds.com/
Wait till you see the little windows and lack of detail, an even bigger Prison!

Possibly. In fact Armley Jail is a pretty funky building.

It's better than, and God forgive me for this:

(edited to add, notice another hotel in the far left of the above picture, so where would you choose to stay?)

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
oh sweet jesus, that is bad, truely abysmal.

there's functional, and then there's a look that seems to remind me of one of my old Universities Halls of Residence which was famously modelled on a Swedish prison block. I'd expect Etap might not even want their name attached to such an elephants dump of a piece of architecture.

I'm praying the Leeds Etap doesn't look as 'budget' as that.

·
Kebab Licker
3,163 Posts
What a fucking disgrace? Which shitbrained arsewipe gave this bunch of toss planning permission, and who the **** was the architect? Stevie fucking Wonder?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts