SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The reason for opening up this room is to post the landscapes of Ethiopia only and not something different. There is a more general room for Ethiopia that has so many of its beautiful landscapes, but since it is all about Ethiopian page, It has a mixture of pictures including girls, buildings, roads and others. I hope nobody minds a new room dedicated to our stunning and sometimes looks out of this world landscape, so please guys only landscapes. Finally, Let's post some now :)

Cultivated Field Near Ambikwa Ethiopia

'Pelicans fly above Lake Chamo, a shallow lake that, like its sister lake Abaya above, is located within the Great Rift Valley in southwestern Ethiopia. Part of Nechisar National Park, Chamo is home to an abundance of wildlife, including large numbers of hippopotamuses and Nile crocodiles.' [National Geographic]

Below is Awasa. It was taken from 'ADDIS LIFE' page on Facebook.

Last picture's credit goes to Desta Keremela on fb

Below is a truly hellish landscape that simply seems to be a whole different another planet by itself away from our dear earth. It is the hottest place on earth, the deepest landscape there is and should have been considered to be the newly found 10th planet in our universe. It is a Must visit place, but you should know you can't book a room there for a week since you are NOT going to survive it for that long. Go visit it :) Good luck.

Lake Abaya Sunrise

Lake Abiata, with a view!

Here is Tana Northern Ethiopia.

Flower Fields at Bahar Dar and Lake Tana, Ethiopia

Campsite at Mekarebya

Next two are Near Bale, Ethiopia

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Ethiopia's landscape is amazing :drool: I love all the pictures Habesh keep it coming :cheers:
A little bit suggesion though try to limit the pictures up to five per post that way when people trying to see the pictures it will open up fast but if you crowding it like this it will take long time to download and frustrate some people.Except that I am enjoing every picture.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks abinet. i will do just as you suggested in my next posts and glad you enjoy them as well.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sofomar Caves(lower Bale region)

Debrebirhan Highland

Gonder Region, Ethiopia

Shepherds and Flock Crossing River, Terari Wenz, Wollo Region, Ethiopia

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Awash river falls.

'Ancient lava flows near the Awash River in Ethiopia resemble the vertebrae of a fossilized beast.' [National Geographic]

'Sculpted by winds that consistently blow from east to west, sand dunes migrate across an ancient seafloor in this part of Ethiopia, rising about six feet and spreading 20 to 30 feet across.' [National Geographic]

Bus Ride to Bahir Dar

1 - 20 of 549 Posts