SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well every four years is Soccer's/Football's 2nd Major tournament the Euro Finals. This year Poor old Mother England have missed out:rofl:

But once again if im going to support anyone then it is FORZA ITALIA

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/index.html

Here's the groups:

Group A
Czech Republic
Portugal
Switzerland
Turkey

Group B
Austria
Croatia
Germany
Poland

Group C
France
Italy
Netherlands
Romania

Group D
Greece
Russia
Spain
Sweden

SBS will be showing 8 games live. The opening ceremony and first game, the final and 6 group games by the look of it. Setanta sports show every game either live or delayed. I just subscribed to Setanta for a couple of months.

Im pumped.........

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Setanta is (sought of) part of our Cable TV - just an extra $14.95 per month on top of the existing sports package. Bit of a rort but for two months its nothing really.

I will be thinking of you when Italy flog you 3-0 in the group games......:lol:

·
Richmond Hillite
277 Posts
Lol, I will mark June 9 on my calendar. Hope your World Cup glory doesn't carry on. The book on Holland in the World Cup was that they were too young to win, let's see what 2 years does.

·
Here Since 2002
11,416 Posts
I would say France - their form usually oscillates every WC+Euro, that is 98 and 00 they were awesome, 02 and 04 Euro shit, so I'm gonna say finals for France. Interesting to see how Les Blues turn up without Zidane - first big tournament without him

If Ronaldo carries his form from Man U to the Portuguese side - look out. They've always performed well as they continue to have good talent, but now they legitimately have the world's best player at the moment. Of course they made the last Euro finals.

·
stupid sexy flanders
5,897 Posts
Really looking forward to this one. I cant pick the winner, at least 5 teams capable of taking this thing, Germans, French, Italians, Por-tu-gal even Czechs. I will bet a million non existant dollars that the Dutch dont take this out, they never fail to fail.

Also glad to see Englands finest not qualify. Such an overrated national side. When I lived there I got so sick of hearing about 1966. It's in bad taste but I took great pleasure in Croatia beating them in Zagreb back in Oct 2006 in first leg of qualifiers. The atmosphere was so charged, hair on neck standing up kind of stuff. Easily one of my best sporting memories, my heart starts thumping harder and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TBH, i'd be happy with anyone other than Italy winning..........Sorry NCC1701D ;)
I understand.
Im still spitting over how Italy won against Australia on that day. To me Italy didn't win that game, Australia were just as good if not better - but that's soccer. BUT, I am of Italian origin so I will (and want to) go for Italy.

·
Go Ahead.....Make My Day!
7,278 Posts
Look at this italian sook after losing to the netherlands 3 zip ! What a tosser !

a bit of just deserves after the pricks cheated to beat australia in the world cup to get that fucking disgraceful penalty ! Losers !

I hope Italy gets put out of Euro 2008 in straight sets !

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.