Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Yesterday the European Gay Pride Day (Europride) took place in Madrid. Some pix of this very evening. It seemed the whole city and part of the foreing countries were there!

MORE THAN ONE MILLION PEOPLE IN THE STREETS.

The party went on the whole night through, of course. Enjoy the pix.

·
Architranceture Feelings
1,897 Posts
Lol!! I have seen no pictures about this 'till now :eek: I haven't even seen it on TV at evening news last Saturday. Alcalá and Gran Vía up to Plaza España seemed to be vey very crowded.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm an 'ordinary' gay guy who doesn't relate to the basic exhibitionism in these shots..and have only been to one pride celebration in my life because I don't relate to it. Being 'Gay' isn't anything I'm 'proud' about anymore than being straight is. It's just what I like to do in bed...period.
But more offensive is actually your description of people having a good time once a year and not hurting anyone, as 'depraved, decadent, maniacs and freaks' It reveals you for who you are..someone much worse than those people you are condemning. A hateful homophobe.

·
39,833 Posts
Fantastic Madrid. Those photos look great. It's good to see so much diversity. Pride parades are so important because they demonstrate that no one should be forced to live by someone else's rules, or someone else's morality.

Zappa: just because you don't like exhibitionism does not give you the right to call someone depraved or a freak. The only thing offensive and disgusting is your attitude. Keep your hateful, hurtful remarks to yourself. It's people like you that cause so much misery in the world. Gay people are shamed all over the world continuously, that is why it is called Gay Pride. To stand up and be counted. To make a statement that it is normal and ok. You are NOT an ordinary gay guy. Don't fool yourself. You are someone who doesn't tolerate anything different than some rigid view of the world.

There are rules about posting on here. You are breaking them.

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
im gay and i dont agree that parading around like this is needed for gay people to be seen as 'normal and ok'. Its true that gay guys are perceived this way (feminine, flamboyant) because of things like this.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
im gay and i dont agree that parading around like this is needed for gay people to be seen as 'normal and ok'. Its true that gay guys are perceived this way (feminine, flamboyant) because of things like this.
i don't think its done to show the world gays are normal, well not anymore.
it's more of a big party now, and i don't think there's anything bad in that, as not all gays are like that and ppl must know that there's diversity in every society - str8s rn't the same right? same goes for gays

·
39,833 Posts
It's not the job of gay people to promote masculine images of gay people. There are all kinds of people in the world, the point is to be yourself and not be forced to fit someone else's morality. No one has the right to tell you who to sleep with, so don't pass judgement on people who want to parade around half naked. Whether it is needed or not is so not the point.

I can't believe I have to explain this basic thing to a gay person. How depresssing! It's about as sad as Black people complaining about bigotry, then turning around and treating a Jew or gay person badly. Some people just don't get it. :eek:hno:

Deanb: it's true that gay pride parades are giant parties, but they are still very very important. Being visible is crucial in promoting tolerance in society, not only for gay people, but all minorities. Gay Pride also gives hope to closetted gay people, teens, and people in oppressive countries that there are places in the world where they will be treated with respect, dignity, and equality under the law. There is still huge amounts of work to be done. Civil rights struggles are always long processes. We also march for those that can't.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I´m not gay and I´m from Madrid, and I like it, I really have no propblems with them, in fact I enjoy a lot. My girlfriend who is belgian and lived for a year in madrid, had a lot of gay friends which I had the opportunity to meet and I really liked them. I know what I like so this is the only point. They know what they like as well so, why so much comment on this? No gay got into my life and destroyed it, no gay did anything bad to me and if in the future any gay guy touched my balls because of whatever, I would be angry with him as a person, not arguing his gay condition.

What is the problem for heteros, in knowing that a guy will get into a bed with another guy and that they will enjoy together buy their own? I don´t give a ****...

G

·
I think everybody is free, and no one represent to the other, except him/herself. If you don't like go there, don't go :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.