SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think there a thread on this.

I guess much of the information is on here already, scattered around the different countries' fora.

But I would love to have a list of new/diverted/extended/widened motorways, projected and under-construction, in Europe.

Here's the UK's list of extensions and diversions (no new motorways planned):
M4 Newport Bypass diversion - in planning
M8 completion - planned
M74 completion (to M8 j20) - under construction
M80 completion (and M73 small extension) - planned
A1(M) Bramham-Wetherby - under construction
A1(M) Dishforth-Barton - under construction

I would post the list of widenings, but I don't have the time just now.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post some photos/maps/plans etc.

;)
Oh, yes I forgot the SSC tradition of making the page full of inline images taking a long time to load, and causing horizontal scrolling and so on. Click them to get to scheme pages, where you'll be able to find (in the case of Scotland and Wales - I took them off pdfs and without having them far too big, they were hard to see anyway, so I kept them small enough to limit scrolling)

England:

A1(M) Bramham-Wetherby

A1(M) Dishforth-Barton isn't yet under construction quite yet (my mistake)

Wales:

New M4

Scotland:
(can't find a scheme map)
M80 Completion

M8 Completion

M74 Completion

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
V(5)C corridor:

http://www.ekapija.com/website/bih/page/142047

It is important in improving communications for numerous locations to important ports. Such as the inland BiH area of the Adriatic Alps (millions of tons are already moved by rail from Bosnia to the Croatian port of Ploce, so an effective truck option would improve possibilities). Might also be used to make possible moving the Butmir Airport in Sarajevo to the city of Visoko. A chance to improve it and avoid the fog issues of Butmir, whilst making use of the motorway and serving at least as much people, and freeing important area in the city of Sarajevo.

You can see the location of both the Airport and the Motorway here

Visoko is in the Zenica direction. The Butmir area and the airport are towards the mouth of the Bosna river, housing many park areas overgoing into the unurbanized nature, however also residential areas.

·
Espere verde
4,798 Posts
As for Spain, I've only found data for the motorways currently under construction by the Spanish government (not regional or local governments).

It's in Spanish so I'll give some instructions ;)

1. Go here: http://www.fomento.es/AZ.MFOM.ObrasCarreteras.Web/default.aspx
2. In "Búsqueda por tipo de actuación" - "Tipo de actuación":
a)"Nuevas vías de gran capacidad" for new toll-free motorways.​
b)"Concesiones en ejecución. Nuevas vías de gran capacidad" for tolled motorways.​
c)"Actuaciones de aumento de capacidad y mejora" for widenings. It shows some parkways too.​
3. Click on "Buscar".

Anyway here you have the ordered list of toll-free motorways.

http://www.urbanity.es/foro/infraestructuras/1426-autovias-y-autopistas-de-espana-85.html#post247432

Con un poquito de paciencia he ordenado y filtrado los datos oficiales de tramos en ejecución de obra en Autovías y Autopistas en España, según el Mfom::periodico:

·
Road enthusiast
265 Posts
^^ The proportion of short (3-4 km) segments is high but not, I think, a majority. There are quite a few segments of more than 10 km each.

As a general rule, Fomento likes to carve up much longer corridors into segments which can be programmed for between €30 million and €80 million each. The individual projects which go into the hundreds of millions of euros tend to have complex elements in them, like bridges and tunnels, which cannot easily be subdivided. Recent examples include the Cádiz suspension bridge and the SE-40 trans-Guadalquivir tunnels.

In some locations a construction budget of €50 million will run to only a few kilometers, while in others it will run to more than 10 km.

·
con los terroristas
14,430 Posts
what 's this corridor wrong with Poland ?
of course, that is not good map. corridor 5 goes from Ukraine to Italy (i think from Kyiv to Venezia, not sure). it has 3 branches beside main route (a) Užhorod - Slovakia, b) Budapest - Croatia - BIH c) H-HR-SLO three border point - Rijeka)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
I tried to find a hi-res map of Europe with quite dense towns, cities and possibly main roads, that would help me to draw european motorways/expressways exisiting, u/c and in project

·
Registered
2 Posts
France: it seems that the logjam around the plan to build a motorway link between Bourges and Troyes (A26 b) has been broken, despite fierce opposition by environmentalists.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts