European Trade Center

• 3 or less

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no idea how genuine this is but too tall not to post.

Some extract from the site.

ETC - European Trade Center is the concept of a complex of buildings. This complex consists of seven buildings. The ETC project is exceptional as it is the first European Trade Center which will have the highest building in Europe - ETC Tower (ETC 1) with a height of 500 m and 111 floors.

Other parts of the complex consist of four buildings whose height is 230 m and each building has 53 floors - West Tower (ETC 2), South Tower (ETC 3), North Tower (ETC 4), East Tower (ETC 5). The center also includes two buildings - Shopping Building 1 (ETC 6) and Shopping Building 2 (ETC 7).

The total usable area of all buildings is about 700,000 m2. The total land area of the entire ETC Center is about 120,000 m2.

At this moment we are looking for a suitable site for the ETC Center in London. At the moment, other cities in Europe for the construction of the ETC project are not excluded.

·
Registered
51 Posts
UK is European but not as the mainland so I think it’s weird to open à European Trade Center in London when the relationship with UK and the mainland is not that easy.

For me 500m is too high for any European skyline except Moscow. It will make look like some other skyscrapers so tiny. 400m seem more reasonable because there is few supertall Europe.

·
YIMBY Enthusiast
151 Posts
I would love it if this got built, but the chances are extremely miniscule. It would really make London look futuristic (has a slight Chinese vibe as well for some reason).

·
Registered
459 Posts
London!? It's not supposed to grow to more than 300 and so many meters and now they bring one of 500m not just stains that Johnson drives him because but as beating airport authority.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
....I mean, it's pretty enough, but the timing of this is almost hilarious. After what looks to be a hard Brexit, in the middle of a global pandemic, when German courts are trying to shoot the ECB in the foot? I mean, it looks fairly lovely, but...really?

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,147 Posts
sadly most likely a vision. I think, we stated in the past that "no site, no project", and thus this is more like an architects dream without having any grounds in reality.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,147 Posts
^^
Frankfurt struggled for decades with the Millennium Tower and it never got done either.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Paris had one approved 400m (tour sans fin) but it was cancelled because of financial crisis. There is still hermitage plaza approved for about 5 years but nothing because of neighbors !

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
And where would this be?!? I can't really tell in relation to where this would go?

Because FYI they've used the LA skyline as a background in one of the night renders LOL
I thought the same thing! You can clearly see DTLA lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think this can be built that uk and eu after brexit must have some agreement between them as well as trade and this project I think will be true.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And where would this be?!? I can't really tell in relation to where this would go?

Because FYI they've used the LA skyline as a background in one of the night renders LOL
not los angeles but london this is a project for london it doesn't matter what the city of LA looks like there that this is also a project in london but behind it you can see the buildings that are in new york this does not mean that it will be done in that city

1 - 17 of 17 Posts