SkyscraperCity banner

221 - 227 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I'm in Moscow now. Sorry Coth but the Moscow region is obviously much less densely populated than London/SE England. The commie blocks end and then there's nothing. There is no equivalent of the suburbanisation and commuter belt development than surrounds London. There are towns in the Golden Ring etc but they're tiny.
The point of commie-blocks is exactly that. The suburban character of the commie block districts is completely different, with much more greenery, parks, and public space. What takes a 10 000 m2 in London suburb, takes one commie-block in the commie-block suburb.

That however doesn't change the density!

·
Тест
23,628 Posts
Population density is much larger on outskirts. 12-15 thous between 4TK and MKAD and over 20 thous beyond MKAD. Most modern district are being built for 40-50 thous density.

·
não sei. não sabe ninguém
1,848 Posts
CHALLANGE . I NEED OPINIONS FROM ALL EUROPEANS

if we were to create a new europe +/- from scratch, how would we design it? what should be the future of europe?

i start from this principle: with more and more people coming to cities every year, humans will become urban beings, and so, in the future nations will no longer exist, we wont have lines on maps, we will have cultural frontiers. what we will have is metro regions.. huge metro regions, that can be includ big cities but must be centered in one big cultural defining metropolis

for example: padania with 6 big cities and Milan as cultural metropolis. ruhr with several cities and Cologne as cultural metropolis or andalus centered in seville

221 - 227 of 227 Posts