SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Europe has a historical tradition that is possibly impossible to match.But boy did i see some horrible suburbs in the outskirts of many major cities.I.e badly planned,crime,grafitti etc....The type of suburbs of which i have never seen in Canada.So which major capital do you think has more of these ugly suburbs?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Some of the suburbs of Naples aren't too nice either. Mind you in a lot of the big cities were you find your very worst, you also find your very best.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't get me wrong Europes cities are generally incredible.Be it Paris,Rome,Madrid,London etc.....But many of these have one thing in common.Some very ugly suburbs that have nothing to do with the cities monumental grandeur.I also know that they have some beautiful suburbs on the outskirts as well.

G

·
Most suburbs are rather lush. I think you're referring to out-of-town council estates. Now they really suck. :no:

·
Tea. Earl grey. Hot.
3,555 Posts
PuNjAbI RoHaN said:
west london.....graffittis make it look like astho its some kinda gang area of new york lol
I beg your pardon Pujabi paji, tejo ik mint (wait a minute)

We have as bad as gangs, if not far worse gangs than NYC!

Just few of very a very long list:-
- Yardies
- Triads
- Bethnal Green Boys
- Hackney Mafia
- Tamil Tigers
- Chavs
- East London's Finest
- Asian Virus

Et cetra! You see, NYC as well as other cities have thier fair share of crime!

·
*Made in Estonia*
904 Posts
EAST-BERLIN:, Graffiti everywhere, vandalism, drug dealers, homeless people, many outlandish people(Russian,Jugoslavian people), cheap to live, commieblocks.... Don't try it in the evening or in the night, I know what I say. Because I live in East-Berlin.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Berlincity said:
EAST-BERLIN:, Graffiti everywhere, vandalism, drug dealers, homeless people, many outlandish people(Russian,Jugoslavian people), cheap to live, commieblocks.... Don't try it in the evening or in the night, I know what I say. Because I live in East-Berlin.
Eastern Berlin has its share of ugly parts, but it's fairly well kept, ok some spots may be run-down, but it's no big deal, just compare it to 15 years ago. It may feel desolate and the people may not look very invitingly but they are mostly harmless. Just would love to see them learn to use some deodorant from time to time. I dread using buses in the summer, the odours can become almost life-threatening. :dizzy:

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Paris suburbs are the same, cheaply built commie blocks from the 50's to the 70's to house poor immigrant workers and people made homeless by the war, logically ghettos start to form and violence errupts

·
Bring Constantinople back
17,100 Posts
Paris without doubs

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.