Skeptic
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A summary of my Eurotrip made this year with three of my friends:

Length: about 8.200 km;
Duration: 20 days;
Personnel: 2 guys & 2 girls;
Vehicles and gear: one car, one medium caravan, one tent;
Money spent: about 900€ each, including campings & caravan parks, diesel, food and souvenirs, various road taxes & tolls. The highest expenditures: a total of 300€ for the ferry between Hoek van Holland (in Holland, of course) and Harwich (in England); a total of 139£ for the Eurotunnel; a total of 70€ for about 540 km of motorway in France; fuel: the highest prices in the UK, between 1,19-1,22 £/liter, the lowest price in Luxembourg, just 0,989 €/liter.

Here's a map of my trip:

OK, the longest stage of our trip was the first one, from Câmpina to a lakeside camping in Senec, near Bratislava, in Slovakia. You can see the lake and of course, our car and my tent :D:

Bratislava is a beautiful city, but unfortunately we didn't have the time to look more closely:

·
11,991 Posts
What a long journey...

How is the motorway between Bratislava and Prague? I am planning a trip next month to Prague, and I heard that Brno - Prague motorway is quite old and bumpy.

·
Skeptic
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What a long journey...

How is the motorway between Bratislava and Prague? I am planning a trip next month to Prague, and I heard that Brno - Prague motorway is quite old and bumpy.
It's still very bumpy. It is very annoying, especially when you have a caravan hooked up on your car.

==================

Now second day: Germany. Only autobahns, then autobahns and finally other autobahns :D:

Leipzig New Town Hall:

The former border between East and West Germany:

·
11,991 Posts
It's still very bumpy. It is very annoying, especially when you have a caravan hooked up on your car.
How fast were you going on a motorway with a caravan behind your car?

On Prague - Brno motorway a normal car without a caravan can go with a steady 130 km/h, or the motorway is so damaged that a lower speed is better?

·
Skeptic
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How fast were you going on a motorway with a caravan behind your car?
About 90 km/h.

On Prague - Brno motorway a normal car without a caravan can go with a steady 130 km/h, or the motorway is so damaged that a lower speed is better?
You can drive with 130 km/h, but I'm sure you'll feel some discomfort. The motorway it's not damaged but the pavement is not flat.

=======================

Only two days in beautiful Holland:

Chris is living there :D:

This is how a parking should look like:

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,361 Posts
Nenea ... wowww. What a trip !!! :cheers: Looking forward to seeing hundreds of pictures you're going to post soooon :) THANK YOU !

·
Skeptic
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nenea ... wowww. What a trip !!! :cheers: Looking forward to seeing hundreds of pictures you're going to post soooon :) THANK YOU !
And I thank you for the kind words. :)

=======================

Amsterdam, a city I'm in love with :), in the very day of the football semifinal Holland-Uruguay:

Yes, these narrow streets are those streets...:naughty:

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,361 Posts
And I thank you for the kind words. :)

=======================

Amsterdam, a city I'm in love with :), in the very day of the football semifinal Holland-Uruguay:

GREAT CITY!
Please allow me to post a picture of the same area as I saw it few months ago on board of a double decker train. Thanks! :cheers:

·
Euro Mod
17,282 Posts
So you went to NL and UK with a caravan? Nice way to blend in, man.:D

Looks like you had a great trip. Waiting for more pictures.;)

Btw, the modern area is called Zuidas, Amsterdam's business district.

·
Skeptic
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you went to NL and UK with a caravan? Nice way to blend in, man.:D

Looks like you had a great trip. Waiting for more pictures.;)

Btw, the modern area is called Zuidas, Amsterdam's business district.
But can you imagine that in our first day it was very difficult to find a caravan park near Amsterdam??
Thanks for the info, more pics to come.

wow, big trip !
what caravan did you use ? :)
This Aero:

====================

Now The Hague:

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,361 Posts

·
Skeptic
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Towards the ferry terminal of Hoek van Holland

A lion in the trunk? No, just a happy driver after the semifinal Holland-Uruguay 3-2 :lol::

They are growing tulips here:

The train station near the ferry terminal:

The parking lot:

The bicycle parking near the terminal:

The offices of Stena Line, the company which operates the ferry line:

The border checkpoint of Hoek van Holland:

Near this building we stood for 25 long minutes while they were checking our ID's. We were the only car in a long queue they asked to pull over, although we were leaving, not entering Schengen space, although we had a caravan and all our luggage was suggesting we're in a vacation:

Finally, the ferryboat:

This is the English Channel:

We're in Harwich, England:

·
Banned
736 Posts
@nenea,

Nice pics, and a very interesting & challenging journey - a wonderful trip for anyone. Holland is a dream, England also; pity you just went through Germany (maybe next time?). How long have you been in Belgium ?

Near this building we stood for 25 long minutes while they were checking our ID's. We were the only car in a long queue they asked to pull over, although we were leaving, not entrying Schengen space, although we had a caravan and all our luggage was suggesting we're in a vacation:
This is nowadays mandatory for bigger vehicles (trucks, caravans, aso) asked for by the British - not only there but also everywhere else (Calais, for instance) - to prevent people smuggling...It wasn't because of your appearance - probably :)

Keep up posting !

dan

1 - 20 of 101 Posts