Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warren Bradley today said that he has had talks with the Sports Minister, NWDA and Bill Kenwright with regards to a shared stadium between Everton and Liverpool.

Can a shared stadium work?

·
likes beer
Cosmic chimp
12,753 Posts
Warren Bradley today said that he has had talks with the Sports Minister, NWDA and Bill Kenwright with regards to a shared stadium between Everton and Liverpool.

I think Warren Bradley missed somebody out.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts

There's already been two votes on this involving thousands of fans from both clubs,an overwhelming no vote in both. So why is Warren Wanker ignoring the wishes of the supporters? Because he knows if Everton move to Kirkby it'll finish him.Political opportunism at it's worst.Interesting that the fat **** Broomhead of the NWDA,who wanted a shared ground for Everton and Liverpool,said as Notts Forest fan he'd never want to share with NottsCounty.

·
Registered
886 Posts
So Bradley has managed to talk to everyone involved except anyone at Liverpool Football Club....thats pretty impressive. Unless the council can help pay for the stadium and make it look an attractive proposal then this is dead in the water and I'm not sure why he is bothering.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A shared stadium will not work.

Mind you, I can't see Liverpool's stadium being built under the Yanks, I believe that the longer that the money isn't coughed up by Tom Hicks and George Gillet the longer the Groundshare issue is going to rear it's ugly head.

Once the DIC are in and the money is put up Warren Brady will feck off.

·
800th birthday in 2007
4,192 Posts
To be fair, Bradley did also say this...

Cllr Bradley said: “I’d back the redevelopment of Goodison first and foremost as an Everton season ticket holder, but you can’t unless Everton make a commitment.
But the headlines aren't about this...!

He seems to be looking at as many options as possible, we would complain if he said/did nothing.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm no lover of a shared stadium even if it does make economic, if not historical or identity sense however, why would Everton moving finish Bradley. It's a private Company and he's already said he's put proposal after proposal to EFC about sites within Liverpool but if they are so pig headed as to have an exclusivity with Knowsley alone (yet Ian Ross seems to deny this by saying they'd look at anything), then who is to blame if they leave - only themselves.

·
I caught a falling star
2,325 Posts
Wonder why the soft tit didn't mention he'd be stirring all this up again before the local elections?

The only ones pushing for a leg-up by sharing with LFC are the more desperate (and impertinent) sections of the Everton support, naively believing the purely fanciful will magically become fact via an Echo headline or two.

Chancers.

·
Banned
15,506 Posts
^^And the NWDA and most of the rest of the political establishment as well as many commentators, from Sebo to Lawro.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I'm no lover of a shared stadium even if it does make economic, if not historical or identity sense however, why would Everton moving finish Bradley. It's a private Company and he's already said he's put proposal after proposal to EFC about sites within Liverpool but if they are so pig headed as to have an exclusivity with Knowsley alone (yet Ian Ross seems to deny this by saying they'd look at anything), then who is to blame if they leave - only themselves.
The council have had years since the King's Dock fell through and only started moving when Kirkby came up.It's a fact of life i'm afraid that if Everton go to Kirkby it will be seen as a faliure(which it is) of Liverpool city council to retain a world renowned business within it's boundaries.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Wonder why the soft tit didn't mention he'd be stirring all this up again before the local elections?

The only ones pushing for a leg-up by sharing with LFC are the more desperate (and impertinent) sections of the Everton support, naively believing the purely fanciful will magically become fact via an Echo headline or two.

Chancers.
There's some truth in that i'm afraid.

·
I caught a falling star
2,325 Posts
^^And the NWDA and most of the rest of the political establishment as well as many commentators, from Sebo to Lawro.
The NW who??

Aren't they a *whisper it* regionalist body Awayo?! Oh Awayo the horror!!!

Seriously, you can name any number of these er.."many" (and) "commentators" including Bob Knox from the Falmouth forum if you like and it won't change a thing. It's a complete non-story involving an amateur-level blagger who's managed to wing professional-level wages in a shit council someway off the edge of the political map.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

Aye and some of the more desperate and (impertinent) sections of the Liverpool support who don't see their stadium happening either and not naively believing that DIC will come riding as knights in shining armour with bucket loads of money.

Let's not forget the pair of chaps, one an Evertonian and the other a Liverpudlian who were on every radio talk show a few weeks back championing a shared stadium and how their vision would work.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
Aye and some of the more desperate and (impertinent) sections of the Liverpool support who don't see their stadium happening either and not naively believing that DIC will come riding as knights in shining armour with bucket loads of money.

Let's not forget the pair of chaps, one an Evertonian and the other a Liverpudlian who were on every radio talk show a few weeks back championing a shared stadium and how their vision would work.
And also let's not forget the thousands who've voted twice saying no.

·
I caught a falling star
2,325 Posts
Er, ok you've just invented a fantasy group of people none of us, including you, have ever met largely because they don't exist.

Build your own stadium. Or get Tesco to.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm against it too, but not some of the fair weather Liverpool supporters i've spoken to, mind you they were from Devon and Cornwall so perhaps don't see the full picture :)

·
Banned
15,506 Posts
The NW who??

Aren't they a *whisper it* regionalist body Awayo?! Oh Awayo the horror!!!

Seriously, you can name any number of these er.."many" (and) "commentators" including Bob Knox from the Falmouth forum if you like and it won't change a thing. It's a complete non-story involving an amateur-level blagger who's managed to wing professional-level wages in a shit council someway off the edge of the political map.
Yes, Sebo aside, everyone I mentioned is a shitehawk.

I was gainsaying your preposterous suggestion that only a handful of deluded blues were advocating a shared stadium. Many are.

·
I caught a falling star
2,325 Posts
I'm against it too, but not some of the fair weather Liverpool supporters i've spoken to, mind you they were from Devon and Cornwall so perhaps don't see the full picture :)
Yeah sure.

Wise backtrack there Keay. Nice try like. :)

1 - 20 of 122 Posts