7961 - 7980 of 8345 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
great news

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I wonder if EFC will make a documentary about the construction. That would be really good PR. Maybe get Baldrick in to make a Time Team special about the dock. I think they did that for the Liverpool One didn't, they or am I imaging it?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wonder if EFC will make a documentary about the construction. That would be really good PR. Maybe get Baldrick in to make a Time Team special about the dock. I think they did that for the Liverpool One didn't, they or am I imaging it?
Yes, you aren't imaging it, there was time team special in 2008. You can still get it on All 4.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
All this procrastination though. Why couldn't the SoS just look in on the planning application meeting or have had the submitted plans weeks ago. Just seems farcical how long things take.

·
Registered
13,919 Posts
All this procrastination though. Why couldn't the SoS just look in on the planning application meeting or have had the submitted plans weeks ago. Just seems farcical how long things take.
No point considering planning documents if they then get rejected by teh local planning committee.

There could be a last minute change submitted to the planning committee, which they approve, thus rendering redundant any documents sent early to central government.

21 days is pretty quick really, bearing in mind they would be receiving such referrals from all over the country.

Under normal circs I| think this would get called in...but the state of the economy is such that central govmt is likely to waive this through.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I’m still unhappy with the height reduction, it makes no sense lopping floors off this, there’s no benefit to ‘heritage’ in building it 7 metres lower, it just makes the building less imposing and impressive. At least it got waived through, it was nice to hear the comments from Steve Radford at the end saying it’s actually damaging the heritage to let the mothballed buildings rot away until they collapse... which is what UNESCO and Historic England seem quite happy to see happen... bizarrely. This project will actually save more heritage assets than it damages. Also the comments from another councillor about the wall were quite right, the city is bringing the docks back to the people so let’s make as many access points as we need to do that!

7961 - 7980 of 8345 Posts