SkyscraperCity banner

7981 - 8000 of 8339 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m still unhappy with the height reduction, it makes no sense lopping floors off this, there’s no benefit to ‘heritage’ in building it 7 metres lower, it just makes the building less imposing and impressive. At least it got waived through, it was nice to hear the comments from Steve Radford at the end saying it’s actually damaging the heritage to let the mothballed buildings rot away until they collapse... which is what UNESCO and Historic England seem quite happy to see happen... bizarrely. This project will actually save more heritage assets than it damages. Also the comments from another councillor about the wall were quite right, the city is bringing the docks back to the people so let’s make as many access points as we need to do that!
Hi, New here, I had the same concerns with the reduction in height but after investigating and looking at the updated drawings it’s around 7ft lower not 7m.
ill stand corrected but I think the confusion has started by measuring the roof height from different datum. Ie the ‘ground datum’ and the ’dock datum’ which is much lower and has given rise to the 7m difference.
I‘ll stand corrected if this isn’t true but I had this from club and shareholder sources.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yer I understand but I do feel the whole viewpoint of taller = bad for heritage is absolute nonsense. It’s got no relation to it being good or bad. In fact smaller buildings on the grand docks are an insult to the scale of the heritage. They should want big and imposing to match the scale.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I notice the construction plan in that article (which they showed during the planning meeting) includes the use of 4 Tower Cranes now even though previously stating they would use crawler cranes? So there’s a chance this could bump up the crane count also!

Reactions: Neilsatiscitycentre

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi, New here, I had the same concerns with the reduction in height but after investigating and looking at the updated drawings it’s around 7ft lower not 7m.
ill stand corrected but I think the confusion has started by measuring the roof height from different datum. Ie the ‘ground datum’ and the ’dock datum’ which is much lower and has given rise to the 7m difference.
I‘ll stand corrected if this isn’t true but I had this from club and shareholder sources. View attachment 1128202 View attachment 1128213
Great post.

Visually, if we weren't told it was 7ft shorter, I don't think anyone would notice.

I wonder if it will have a practical impact on the wind though? I imagine the higher the roof, the less chance of the pitch level being impacted by wind. The wind was pretty bad during the Derby. I assume that's a northerly coming over the 'small' Anfield Road.

·
Just something
8,495 Posts
Stonehenge may block Everton Stadium at BDM

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I love those images of the construction process. Really mouth watering. I wonder if the stadium will be available as an Airfix kit? I'd love to buy that one.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Now appearing on a facebook site dedicated to Slavery that John Bramley-Moore was a slave trader and Everton should not use his name in any way in commemorating the site. I would have thought not anyway.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope they can do something to improve the pedestrian-scape of the area. Walking from Sandhills / Moorfields is one thing, but it's a grotty walk, with terrible road crossings.

But fair dues, I'm a big fan of road closures, and the plan shows both 'hard' closures and 'soft' closures for any match, although it's a bit vague what this means.

Bring it on.

·
Just something
8,495 Posts
Quick response requested from Government so that scheme can start s.s.a.p...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I hope they can do something to improve the pedestrian-scape of the area. Walking from Sandhills / Moorfields is one thing, but it's a grotty walk, with terrible road crossings.

But fair dues, I'm a big fan of road closures, and the plan shows both 'hard' closures and 'soft' closures for any match, although it's a bit vague what this means.

Bring it on.
I'm pretty sure there was a lot of detail in the planning documents re. which roads, how long before a match, how long after. Did seem quite specific. Also detailed information re taxi ranks for the black hackneys which will be really important getting groups of people to and from the match particularly to and from town.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My only concern is how it looks like the two bridges to the riverside seem like they cut off the possibility to navigate along the stretch of docks. Probably not too hard to fix when (hopefully) the entire area is developed and some form of water-taxi service makes sense, but seems short sighted.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What I’m interested in seeing is what happens to those plots over the road directly opposite BMD... will we see a spring up of developments, certainly perhaps a bar/pub on match days with residential above in a warehouse style... if Everton are clever they could also build this... more revenue before and after events...

·
Registered
34 Posts
My only concern is how it looks like the two bridges to the riverside seem like they cut off the possibility to navigate along the stretch of docks. Probably not too hard to fix when (hopefully) the entire area is developed and some form of water-taxi service makes sense, but seems short sighted.
One of those bridges already exists today looking on google maps, hopefully as you say there is long term option to open them up.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
The presentation to LCC says the small piece of water isnt navigable now and isnt planned to be navigable in the future.

·
Just something
8,495 Posts
The presentation to LCC says the small piece of water isnt navigable now and isnt planned to be navigable in the future.
Not insurmountable though in the future...

7981 - 8000 of 8339 Posts