SkyscraperCity banner

7921 - 7940 of 8001 Posts

·
User Registered
4,725 Posts
Great, thanks. Thoughts after Saturday bare no relevance at all, the city needs this as much as Everton do so fingers crossed it sails through and can begin properly as soon as.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll be absolutely delighted if this goes through. There is no rational objection whatsoever. I think this could be even more influential than Liverpool 1 given the current circumstances, a real shot in the arm for the city as we emerge from the biggest economic dip in 3 centuries.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Reactions: Neilsatiscitycentre

·
Registered
385 Posts
Despite the once-in-every-generation event on Saturday, I hope this once-in-a-lifetime development goes through tomorrow unhindered. The north docks have so much potential - I'd say this is even bigger than Liverpool 1, simply because it's a part of the city most people just drive through. As someone mentioned above, there is no rational objection. Good luck Everton.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Despite the once-in-every-generation event on Saturday, I hope this once-in-a-lifetime development goes through tomorrow unhindered. The north docks have so much potential - I'd say this is even bigger than Liverpool 1, simply because it's a part of the city most people just drive through. As someone mentioned above, there is no rational objection. Good luck Everton.
Thanks for the kind words. Fingers and everything else crossed here. By the way, I've just read that LFC have not won a league derby this decade. Shocking really for a club of their size. :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Today is the first of four hurdles really. If it passes, the second is central government's decision expected within 21 days. It will rest on Secretary of State Robert Jenrick.

The third hurdle is of course the money. Everton says they are hopeful that their financial backer will release funds upon satisfactory planning permission.

Then....I suppose like everything else it has to be built (without issues).

Today is huge but by no means are we there yet...we certainly don't need drama...fingers crossed.

·
3,284 Posts
I'm currently watching the Planning Meeting, I've lost count on how many times the "heritage assets" term has been used. It is a telling insight into how far the development team have gone bending over backwards to pander to this one issue.

The heritage straitjacket in operation in this city makes me wonder how the hell anything new gets built at all, time to move on.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Councillor Joe Dunne now stating how good the presentation was even though he isn't at all bothered by Football. The presentation was fantastic regardless of the result. Kudos must be given to all involved.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Everton have made big reference to the UN Sustainability criteria and how the plans back the UNs points.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Tom Crone likes the sound of his own voice and is asking questions that have already been dealt with.

7921 - 7940 of 8001 Posts