SkyscraperCity banner

7941 - 7960 of 8001 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Surely you'd think the SoS couldn't call this in after watching that great Planning Meeting.

If the cities own councillors give unanimous approval, it's a great case on it's own for approval from the SoS.

There would be Nation-wide outrage if he called it in, especially considering the Nation needing massive investment from a COVID recovery view. I'm not worried in the slightest after watching the planning meeting. Will walk through approval from SoS.

·
3,284 Posts
Some good points in the summing up of the application. I liked the comment that heritage damage to the site would be to leave it untouched to deteriorate further, as has happened all too often in Liverpool.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Lets be honest (taking allegiance away), this is a historic Liverpool asset (one of its two world famous football clubs) which wants to invest in another historic asset (its docks) to create continued and increased employment with investment coming from outside the city region. Why would you ever want to block it? Yes we can talk about how much it will cost and where the money is coming from but Planning permission already adds wealth to this project. It helps Everton to show that they have taken the process seriously (remember Kirkby), it helps Peel to market Liverpool Waters and it helps Liverpool City council and the LCR to say that north Liverpool is on the up.
Just needs the UK government on side now.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Goodison Park Outline permission is also granted. Everton called a 'Powerful good in our city'

·
Just something
8,236 Posts
Unanimously approved by the committee. To be referred to the secretary of state for further approval.
Technically 'Shovel ready' if not 'oven ready...' 🤔🤭

·
Registered
67 Posts
Fantastic news for EFC and more importantly the City. Lets hope its the start of bigger things to come for that part of the city centre.

As it may pain me to say it as a red, getting the monkey off the back on Saturday and now the permission for the new ground, really could be seen as a milestone week in the history of the club and probably their best since god knows when.

7941 - 7960 of 8001 Posts