SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being at the end of 2010, started making me think about a certain era in the way technology is, or is not, important in our way of living.
Since 1960 technology started being very important in our everyday life, which makes this a span of 50 years.

How did technology changed our way of living? What were important points in this evolution? Did it change us? The social, psychological us?

What are yours opinoins and what are the facts?
Technology evolved exponential, but did we changed with it that much aswell?

funny image with absolutely some truth in it (source nerdworld.wordpress.com)

·
Journeyman
16,782 Posts
Technology has been a progression for a lot longer than that. Everything from flush toilets to gas ranges.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^
ofcourse..
but it's very clear that the last 50 years, and the last 20 years for sure it was impressive the speed at which it evolved..

like an exponential curve

did/do we as humans, are psychological mind, changes at the same speed as technology?
do we accept it all

or is it difficult to break up with the past...

ex: Ipad exist but we are going to keep on using books

Me myself I think it's that virtualy adds a lot of options, possibilities, but at the same time it lacks of some other (materilalistic, texture, ...) maybe not all are senses are triggered up to now by virtuality. And maybe this depends on person to person, on what is important for you...

That besides, that's only my personal thinking.
Im curious to find out which points were critical in this evolution.
That's why i started in 1960, with the general introducion of television. (at least in europe) please some feedback from other regions, cultures, would be very nice! :)

thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts