NAME: Express by Holiday Inn
FLOORS: 6
HEIGHT:
USE: Hotel

120 room hotel opposite gateway and the City Lodge

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
Very nice. Much better that I was expecting when I saw the title "Express by Holiday Inn".

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh it is better than i thought too...but moreland have their strict design parameters...if you look at the size of the site it is TINY!

Yeah loadsa hotels...they obviously see the need...but a total of 620 within 200m of each other!

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh...thats like a few steps across and has some trees and stuff there...alway thought they would build there, but thought they would take some of the parking lot too...

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
know the brand well, did a feasabilty for the role out of these across the MENA region. Great concept and with occupancies at above 80% these things print money

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the grouping of all these hotels next to each other is great...it will provide constant business for the many many new restaurants that are opening...and this design is leaps ahead of the point one

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After hearing about the Sun Square hotel at the Michelangelo i decided to contact the developer on this one...its also going to be a Sun Square hotel now from what i was told. 175 rooms. work will start early October now.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also still express by holiday inn then. no southern sun!! i still like the design of this one!

·
BITTER HEART NEVER REST
11,390 Posts
I agree with you, its a very cool design.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i wonder if the design is changing much now that its being developed for holiday inn express directly.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anyone have the new design? this is the design that was proposed when Southern Sun still controlled the express brand in SA.

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
I hope it hasn't changed much as it looks much better than any other HI Express hotels I've seen.

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
I've noticed in all the reports I've read that mention is only made of one hotel in Durban. Does that mean the Point one is no more?

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^ Not exactly. They have stated that they are developing 4 for now in each of the 4 largest centres, BUT also stated that Durban and Cape Town "would get many more" (those are their exact words).

So i'd say they are doing Umhlanga first and will then look at Point, and i have heard mumblings of Westville near the pavillion

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hope it hasn't changed much as it looks much better than any other HI Express hotels I've seen.
My feelings too, but they might have a different site or something, i dont know

1 - 20 of 22 Posts