NAME: Express by Holiday Inn
FLOORS: 4
HEIGHT:
USE: Mixed Use (Hotel and retail)

124 room hotel with 5 retail stores

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
You mean Holiday in Express? I stayed in one of those in Pretoria, very nice for overnight stays, & they have those nestle coffee machines in the breakfast area, & you dont have to pay for it!!!! Only bad thins was that the jacuzzi was bigger than the pool!

......No they never have a giant size jacuzzi, they had a really small pool!

·
Explore
2,864 Posts
Don't like this one much. Has that "motel" about it. Also seems like a bit of a waste of space for such a prime site.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh i agree! but the name is "express by holiday inn" they changed it from the old style name u mentioned up.

Its a waste of space and frankly i'm not impressed with the design at all!

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Nasty name, nasty logo, nasty design.

Damn you, Holiday Inn! I usually like you....

-thryve

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont mind the logo...and dont mind the middle glass section...but the rest...yuck

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Actually this may not be a Holiday Inn for too long. The latest Southern Suns brochure (Summer 2005/6) states that "Express by Holiday Inn" will be rebranded "StayEasy by Southern Sun" by early 2006 (unless this will contunue operating as a Holiday Inn). I personally prefer the Southern Sun (vs the common Holiday Inn) brand anyday, although this wont involve a design change.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I dont see what the problem is......waste of space and "nasty" etc......not everyone can afford to stay in all the kick-ass boutique hotels that everyone is so in love with. I think its good that its there, and besides, with budget hotel prices come budget hotel design! Doesnt mean the quality is worse......

Although I agree that the two wings are uninspired.......all in all...I think it couldve been worse.

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This development is now also a Sun Square Development and has undergone quite a design change i am told. when i have details i shall post

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok its still an Express by holiday inn...presume i luckily got the renders before they started telling people about their arrival in SA. obviously separate from the southern sun chain, thank god.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts