Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ezdan awaits nod for mega projects

DOHA: Ezdan Real Estate is waiting for approval to build big malls in Al Gharrafa and Wukair (near Al Wakra) while it also wants to construct a large school.

The company is also mulling a possible merger with International Housing Group, its officials said yesterday.

The company netted QR203m in profits for the first half of 2009, its CEO, Hesham Al Sahtari said.

The results show an increase of QR96.7m in net profits compared to the same period last year, which represent a 91 percent increase.

“Despite the financial crisis having its effect on the region, Ezdan has managed to make an increase in operational profits, and strengthen its financial presence” said Al Sahtari “We are confident we will have the same positive results for the next half year results”.

Al Sahtari said: “Ezdan is continuing its efforts to provide distinguished residential units in prime locations in Qatar dedicated to the middle income sector, which will have a positive impact on the company’s future results”.

Shareholders equity totalled to over QR6.6bn for the first half, a QR1.15bn increase from the same period last year.

The strong financial results for this half has been due to the company’s diverse activities which attempt to improve the level of services and the follow up of the development in the general Qatari market, especially the real estate sector, claimed Al Sahtari.

Total earnings from renting Ezdan’s development has reached QR239m, compared to QR144m for the same period last year, which present a 66 percent increase.

The increase was the result of the renting of the Al Wakrah complex, which compromise 640 residential apartments and 158 villas. When asked what new developments Ezdan will be presenting, Al Sahtari pointed the Wakrah Compound 3 will be available for rent on the fourth quarter of this year, and will be a fully functioning development, and an integrated society with all the facilities and services the residents will need.

“We currently have many projects under development, and some projects are being studied for the future” said Al Sahtari.

“We are currently waiting to get a permit to develop Qatar International School, Galaxy Mall in Gharraffa and the Wukair mall.

Al Sahtari also talked about a possible merger with International Housing Group, which the company is currently studying.

“The possible merger with International Housing Group, would put Ezdan at a greater presence in the real estate market, due to the increase in the capital of the company, which gives us an opportunity to expand our projects” said Al Sahtari.

Source: The peninsula

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Di...=July2009&file=Business_News2009073012717.xml

·
Registered
113 Posts
hi qatar son

al gharrafa mall is already under construction , it is in front of the new lulu hypermarket if you drive your car there u will see the basics of the new mall
i dont know wich aprroval they are waiting for.

·
Qatar forums
2,054 Posts
You're absolutely right Patong, I didn't notice piling was quite advanced...
This has to be merged with the existing thread (just uploaded pics on it).

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a diffrent project (with a completly diffrent render, i saw an Ad in a magizine very modern), Patong who said its gharrafa mall, this is GALAXY MALL...

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
both plots are next to each other, please start seperating the posts into this (GALAXY MALL) thread and the other (Gharrafa Mall) thread...

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
woww garrafa area luk like mall district.... these malls attract the people of doha....

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way, in what magazine did you see the ad?
i am not sure =S if i was in doha i would have got it and gave you the name right away,its an arabic business mag., i think its called alaqariyah...

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Al Wukaır mall ıs probably Al Wakra Mall but located ın Al Wukaır whıch ıs just a roundabout away from Wakra. Who knows?

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
5alas !!! its under construction
:banana: :lol:

Found it while browsing google earth, turns out its right infront of the Wakrah hospital (southern hospital).

·
Banned
471 Posts
5alas !!! its under construction
:banana: :lol:

Found it while browsing google earth, turns out its right infront of the Wakrah hospital (southern hospital).
this very old picture ;) you can see some of the construction of the road now I think this mall will be ready by the end of 2011.

·
كعبه الم
2,828 Posts
Ezdan mall wakra, planned to open by the end of 2014

Reactions: Pro-Qatar

·
Registered
113 Posts
great news

The Ezdan Mall Al Wakrah will open in December

The Ezdan Al Wakrah Mall will open in December this year, local daily Al Arab has reported, quoting Ali bin Mohamed al-Obaidli, Group CEO, Ezdan Holding.

Al-Obaidli told the daily that the mall will feature a number of global brands and be the first of its kind in Al Wakrah, which has been witnessing rapid growth in its population.

He added that the mall will cover an area of 75,600sq m.

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
global brands and be the first of its kind in Al Wakrah, which has been witnessing rapid growth in its population.

He added that the mall will cover an area of 75,600sq m.
75 sq meters is roughly the area of Landmark mall.

As for the global brands parts, there is not a single global brand so far; so this mall WILL be the first of its kind in Wakra.

I just really hope this mall will be better than Ezdan Mall in Doha.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts